riding and snakeh

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oreo1

Reaction score
As my friend was horse riding today she came across this little guy. Said it slithered right over her boot. Anyways, was thinking it was a keelback, but she is adamant that it isnt. What do you all think? Cheers
snakeh.jpg

I can't tell from that pic. But it doesn't have a very keelbackish face.

it has a really blunt and short nose like a brown i reckon plus those big black eyes but yes it is hard to tell from that pic

Yeah the pic isn't that good unfortunately. She said it was very clam and relaxed and it slithered across her foot which kind of suggests its not a brown as they are really aggressive. She has a video of all this as well :)

The scales look keeled. Could it be a Rough scaled?

Yeah the pic isn't that good unfortunately. She said it was very clam and relaxed and it slithered across her foot which kind of suggests its not a brown as they are really aggressive. She has a video of all this as well :)

all browns are not aggressive, i friend of mine who does snake catching and i have been with him they are defensive but many can calm down, depends on the weather, if its hot they are gonna try and kill you.
and shows us the video

I doubt anyone who is good at id's would be able to give you a positive ID from that pic.

The video is pre much the same as the pic if not further away from the snake so wouldn't help all that much sorry (plus I dont know how to upload vids.. lol). Somebody had told her it was a baby green tree snake.. that is brown (although this I doubt). She also said it had no patterns and a rather longish face, if this helps?

i would say the most likely canditate would be an Eastern Brown

there are very misinformed people with no idea that go around telling people they are so 'aggressive" all the time.i catch or handle brown snakes almost everyday of my life and go looking for them in the wild also where i encounter them,and if your in the bush and one slithers passed they dont even seem to care your there till you aproch them they become aware of your presence,they then almost always take off or lie low and rely on crypsis to avoid detection.
Try to pick one up or club with shovel and they certanly can become aggresive though

Can you tell your friend that she is heaps lucky to be out riding today,and a snake too.it would beat the winter blues that im getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back