Rip off?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiegriny

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Okay so i went down to a local pet shop to go check how much a bearded dragon costs and it was 200 dollars for a baby is that a rip off?

Last edited by a moderator:
large enough font?

deppends its highly unlikley that its a phase or something so yes in my opinion it is a rip off but pet stores allways charge more

pet shops always charge alot for reps as they have alot more costs then a private breeder but thats still high for a pet shop, around here they go for $120-$150

i agree with hornet my petshop charges 110 for centrals and 150 for pygmys so yes it is a ripoff however petshops have alot of over heads that breeders have so many.

in the sell section here hatchies will avg 30-100 so expect to spend anywhere between that you can even pick up some nice yellows and such for those prices which your not likely to get in a petshop unless your really lucky

I don't know why any members of this forum would even consider buying from a petshop?!?!? The amount of quality reptiles at good prices being sold on this forum you are spoilt for choice!

I don't know why any members of this forum would even consider buying from a petshop?!?!? The amount of quality reptiles at good prices being sold on this forum you are spoilt for choice!

I Will admit pet shops have their merits, sometimes they just dont know what they have. A few years ago a picked up a mature female patternless pink tongue skink for $150 from the local pet shop, would have paid alot more privately. Just the other day i picked up 2 mature blue tongues from a pet store for free lol. But 99% of the time you can do better with a breeder

The pet shop I go to sells them for $79.

you can get em at a shop near me in SA for like 80 bucks. nice yellow orange ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back