Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy was 1 metre from a roadkilled kangaroo. No prizes for guessing what this Lacey was doing before it got hit.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 170
I posted this one a while ago elsewhere. The head was run over and it died just as I got to it. It was obviously carrying young.

Attachments

• road kill 002 (Large).jpg
    road kill 002 (Large).jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 178
  • road kill 007 (Large).jpg
    road kill 007 (Large).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 199
This is last years pic of a rbb roadkill in Yarrawonga area
rbbf.jpg

These pics were sent to me last week by a guy in Frankston who wanted an id on this road kill near his home.

jbkuhg.jpg

was a good sized rbb
lhioijh.jpg

Bummer huh

The pics don't do this poor DOR carpet justice.It was much more pail than the pics, more yellowish than caramel.
Sorry pics are crap, it was done with a mobile phone.

Attachments

• Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Image016.jpg
    Image016.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 114
does anyone know the law as far as taxidermy goes, some of the road kills like the guy i found dont even have a mark on them and it just seems such a waste, my hubby tans his own skins after hunting and i dont know maybe some of the skins could be used

Hi Kel,

I'm not sure of the exact legislation now ... but I remember a few years ago in NSW at least even deceased native animals were still protected by law and permission was needed to perform taxidermy or remove them for preservation.

thanks froggyboy86 i kinda thought that might be the case, i will have to look into it

Some roadkill I found last night, Cairns Birdwing (Ornithoptera priamus) Why don't people swerve for butterflies:lol:

Attachments

• butterdie 001.jpg
    butterdie 001.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 98
  • butterdie 003.jpg
    butterdie 003.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 82
Ecosnake, is that 3rd pic a thorny devil?? correct me if im wrong but looks like it...

i agree it is sad to see all these animals/reptiles perish on our roads, but gives us an idea of what species are around us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back