road toll too high, tired of this

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptilianGuy

Reaction score
we were coming back from a swim and herp trip in one of the gippsland mountains when i passed a Ring-Tail Possum laying dead in the middle of a dirt road..... it was hit by the only car that had used the road other than me and shnakeygirl and you had the swerve to hit the poor thing...
then once on the bitumen and passing some farm land we passed a magnificent looking Eastern Blue-Tongue in the middle of my lane... i had to go back as this poor creature had also just been hit only a minute or two before we found it.
the poor thing had been run from tail to head so it had the cannon effect with it's guts as they went for about 30cm (sorry for the detail) and again in a part of the road that you could only hit it if you were to swerve for it......to add to the torment the poor guy was still alive but unsavable:cry:....
anyway, it's stuff like that that warrants the whole spikey lizard or snake:evil:.... maybe then people may think twice about swerving to hit a reptile

i have pics wich i will be able to post on monday nite, or shnakey girl will during the day... it was quite the fine eastern bluey and i havent seen that colour or pattern variety before in such contrast... well i loved it as it was different to the colours of any bluey i've seen up north... as well as surprised because i wasn't aware that eastern blueyies ranged this far down, i thought they were alpines down here, learn something new every day

the pic

i've finally got the pics on the computer.... they are a bit graffic just so you know.....
btw it was a Greater Glider not a Ring tailed possum
squished bluey3.jpg
squished bluey1.jpg
squished bbluey2.jpg

drove along a road today that was only 5-8 km long.... there were over 15 road killed EBTS's so goin herping in the bush next to that road tomorrow arvo for pics.

could a popped tyre cause an accident if the spikey lizard was on the side of the road?
like could the driver kill someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back