robust velvet gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob206891

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting a male and female robust velvet geckos...

Anyways, do they need UV light? (it's just i've read/heard conflicting views on this :()
Will i need a thermostat for their heat mat/light?
And..What would be a good substrate? :)

Please help, i dun wana be killing a gecko from lack of care lol

No, you won't need a UV light, you will need to keep them very warm however, cage design is critical with most Oeduras if you live in a cooler climate. Hides need to be heated otherwise they get very cold on the glass, and gravid females may suffer from low calcium problems from this, they can handle amazingly high temps. I heat mine with heatmats outside the walls of the enclosure, tiles leaning on the inside of the walls so they hide against the heatmats. Sand substrate. They are very flighty stressy geckoes, always offer 2 heated hides for one to "escape" to.

Thanks JasonL :)

Also, what should i put in their enclosure? I heard somewhere branches and stuff? (different levels for them to climb)

Yes plenty of climbing stuff, just make sure they prefer to hide in heated areas and not cold ones, my hide spots get to over 50 deg before they move to cooler spots, so don't be scared to heat them well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back