Rock Walls

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

+Gecko~Gaze+

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me ( in as much detail as possible....I'm a little slow :D ) How to make fake rock walls ( with the little platfromy things) ? I am wanting to make one for this size enclosure, for a colony of Beardies.

Thanks in advance ! :D

Attachments

• enclosure2.jpg
    enclosure2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 240
pretty sure theres an article on it on this site just have a look im sure u'll find it.

Did you just purchase that enclosure via the herp trader as there is a simular one advertised there? I have been working out how to make one and will proberly construct one next year. I think that type of enclosure looks fantastic.

Yes, I like it too...But its not mine :) Its very similar to the one I have though, but my camera isnt working....( dad built it for me...He really wants an olive but I dont! Guess hes trying to pursuay ( or however you spell it) me into getting one! :D)

Lol :D I think at the moment they are a little to big and high maintanence for a begginer like me...Maybe when I have more experience...which means...MORE REPTILES! :D:D:D

yeah but if u think about it, if u get a juvie, by the time an olive gets that big you'll be an expert! my first snake (and herp for that matter) is a diamond and he's gonna get 8 foot or sumthin like that but not for years so u get plenty of time to prepare lol

Lol, I guess so. But I think I just want to stick with the 10ft and under snakes at the moment....How big do olives get? All i know is that they're massive.

Quote from http://www.snakesnt.com/
The Olive python (Liasis olivaceous) will need a large cage as it may eventually reach a length of four meters and weigh up to 18kgs. Colours range from green-brown to grey-brown.
Quote from Ehman (Australian museum)
total length : to 275 cm (usually), but 450 cm in the Kimberly and 650 cm in the Pibara.
Either way they are a big snake and I like the way that you aren't going to jump in feed first but if the animal does get too much to handle there does seem to be a ready market for adult olives (please correct me if I am wrong)

A 10ft snake is still a big snake, you might as well get an olive they aren't much bigger.

Hmmmmm....I guess so...but 18 kg? Thats only 7 kg less than what I am! There's no way I'd be able to handle him if he got that heavy!

25kg you are a tiny little guy lol. I have to agree with noone,the previous owners of one of my snakes had a 10ft bredli ad it was massive. I was a bit anxious to hold it but i did lol

I LOVE big snakes, but I think until I am bigger, I will stick with the 3 metre and under. I am expecting my little intergrade to get to 3 metres ( or close) as his parents and previous off spring have reached 3 metres or close to it, buth than again I could be wrong :)....Which tend to be more attractive of the olives? Male or female?

P.S Yes I am tiny jeremy...I look like I am 8.

You can't visually tell the difference of olives. However sometimes females are slightly larger.

Male olives tend to get bigger than females, all the big olives(12ft+) i've seen have been male. From what i've seen and been told females seem to top out at around 10-11ft.
Maybe Paul can shed some light on this, my olives aren't adults yet so i can't really be 100%.

It takes a few years for them to get that big. Belinda your intergrade will take even longer to reach 9ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back