RSPCA Calling!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from bundy zigg - Facts!
1.cats only need a couple of minutes to kill IF that is their inclination, same as dogs
2.excellent!!
3.yes dogs can main that is why you have to have them in a fenced yard, and owners are responsable for the dammage their dog does - fines for bites ect. Are cat owners responasable for the what their animal gets up to?, not to mention cats roam wast areas(you would be surprised how far your cat can get in a couple of hours) the same applies to dogs, but being bigger and stronger, the damage done by dogs is far worse, and I have never heard of anyone being pulled up and fined for their dog killing native wildlife yet, it does happen
4.stereotypes are there for a reason, my cats play with my birds and have even tried to smooch the snake - but let them near any out side bird an look out its on for young and old!! refer previous reply to mebebrian - and I wold never put my cats life in danger putting it near a snake for it to try to smooch in the first place!!!!
5.yes I own snakes but im not going to let it roam in to the next door chook pen am I? we house them safe and secure the wider community is still afraid of them though, and my arguement here stands, we expect people to accept them or leave them alone.. is the same courtesy shown to other animals (not only cats)
6. fair enough
7. dont ever persume that others dont do their fare share of things! as many do ........and most dont - have you read the thread where I asked who was doing their bit???? hmmmmmmmmmm!
8. no have never been to the site, but I take in any injured animal and care foe it have have paid huge vet bills for my love! I have had Flying foxes, metalic starlings, chanel billed cokoo and many more, and I bet there are heaps of others out there that do WAY MORE than me (good on those that do) your work is commendable, but you do things locally, what about those who need protection from developers and encroaching human populations? We do far more damage than any cats can... THAT'S where the REAL work lies! The Franklin-Gordon river system a number of years ago was only saved because people cared enough and actually went out there and did something about it. This goes for many areas, but there is so much more to do
9. Totally agree,
10. Totally agree too

Counting up the damage done by cats, and comparing it to the damage done by humans, perhaps it is the human race who should be prevented from over breeding, becoming feral, spreading out doing countless amounts of harm and damage to not only the native wildlife, but the earth too...it should perhaps be the human race which should be restricted and confined, imagine what a happy place the rest of the earth and it's other inhabitants would be then??? It would be a MUCH better place than this!!!!!!!

Think about it

I hope Tassie gets better, as I am an avid cat lover and hate to think of them in trouble - I just hate cat urine through my car vents and paw prints on the car - fighting cats at all hours of the night -squished cat on the side of the road - I could go on but I think you get my picture - ever thought that the cat urine smell is from the trees?? There was a tree by our driveway that put that stench through our car every time it was parked there.... sickening..... so we MURDERED the tree!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
mebebrian, I know exactly where my cat is at all times, even when outside, she doesn't wander, as I said DO NOT JUDGE MY CAT TILL YOU KNOW HER.

and what are your dogs doing in the back yard?? I know mine are kept there, but they will chase any bird or mammal that comes into the yard... or is it different if they kill native wildlife in your own backyard????

My dogs are kept in a yard with 6ft high fences extending to 1ft underground (pups love to dig) so nothing can come in or out, cept birds but the dogs arnt quick enough

And if you read my last post mate you would see that i said knowing where your cat is at all times makes you a responsable owner....

And i'll tell every cat owner i meet to keep thier cats inside,

All pets should require licences. Make people responsable for thier actions
With random spot checks, and if you cant account for all your pets, then on the spot fines should apply

Thank you for that agreeance, cats as well as dogs SHOULD indeed be licensed, thats why there is a registration process for dogs, to keep them in check, and as I said, licenses should only go to showing animals or breeding, where only few licences should be given. Otherwise, ALL pet owners should be registered, not just the pets, and observed closely. Massive fines should apply for wrongdoers, or ANY damage done by pets.

so you stand out side the whole time and watch your cat?o then your a resposable owner and im not havig a go at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So your saying I have to respect peoples rites to let their cat piss all over my car??????, cats are not native - snakes are lady!!

and I wold never put my cats life in danger putting it near a snake for it to try to smooch in the first place!!!!
take your own advice and dont presume things!!! I have hold of the snake at all times and the head is not where near my cat!!

your work is commendable, but you do things locally, what about those who need protection from developers and encroaching human populations? We do far more damage than any cats can... THAT'S where the REAL work lies!

how dare you say a thing like that! if it was not for people doing the little things the big things would be alot harder! you just insulted the many wildlife crers of australia!! - by saying we dont do the real work!!

ever thought that the cat urine smell is from the trees?? There was a tree by our driveway that put that stench through our car every time it was parked there.... sickening..... so we MURDERED the tree!!!!!!!!

your clutching at straws here!! hahah
a tree cant piss on a car vent!

We are not talking about dogs thats a whole other subject! Im trying to say that cats should not be allowed out side with out supervision for everyones sake, they should be indoors or in a cat aviary DO YOU AGREE!!!!!!!!!?

sorry for my rant, it was not called for!, I just dont undersand why you are getting so mad! all most of us are saying is that cats should not be outdoors(by them self), they are killers!(all of them, have the potential) if my dog gets out and is picked up I have to pay $100 to get her back, the council dont even bother to pick up cats and owners have no responsability!
The reason I get so angry about this is that we have a huge population of cats around here and I have had more than one try to make an easy meal of my birds out the back! and if they ever manage to kill one the flucking owner wont even be repremanded! how is that fair?

I do have to agree, if your cats are indoors or supervised outside then good on you, I wish there are more like you. To those who aren't, please open your eyes. I could never hurt an animal but cats really push it for me, we had free range ducks and guinea pigs in our backyard. They were fine there, never left the backyard, properly fenced etc....next door neighbourd cats went on a killing spree...so close to being a drowned kitty, It's not fair that my animals arent safe in MY backyard because people are too lazy to look after their own. I have birds now and if a cat even looks at them I am after them with a broom. Seriously thinking about electric fences but I don't want to harm the wildlife. I have picked up many possums and birds that have been attacked by cats and it's just so sad. Cats have the most disgusting mouths. If a cat bites you, you are in hospital alot longer than if a dog bit you. Thats not to say dogs shouldnt be locked away too, our dogs were all inside dogs and were in the back yard supervised, however, some dogs, it's not in their nature too attack so those dogs i feel are ok to have in a back yard but NO PET should EVER be allowed to free roam the neighbourhood. But again, good on you for keeping your cats inside, I wish there were more like you. And it's good to see the RSPCA does check up on complaints too, luckily nothing had to come out of this one.

Cats have killed humans, babies actually. They get the jelousy bug of a new baby in the house, so they curl up and sleep on their face, and suffocate the child.

It amazes me how a completely innocent story can be so easily contorted and turned into a cyber screaming match. :shock:
Guess having an extraordinarily large frontal lobe doesn't help the humans after all.
Oh dear :?

It amazes me how a completely innocent story can be so easily contorted into a cyber screaming match. :shock:
Guess having an extraordinarily large frontal lobe doesn't help the humans after all.
Oh dear :?
innocent? the person who posted this topic admitted to letting their cat outdoors unsupervised:rolleyes:

The telling of the story is an innocent act in itself. Its kinda like telling someone what you did on any given day. It wasn't a reference to the content of the story. :|

oh wow....lol this is getting extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back