rubbish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i was just watching "australia, dont go there" which is about australias deadly animals and i have to say i think it was a lode of rubbish. i didnt mind the real stuff, but at the end after the venomous snakes they went to australias "killer" :? pythons. the story was that the most dangerous australian pythons are the 23 foot carpet pythons :? . a family were camping and they didnt close their tent :roll: . they woke up to find a carpet python in the tent which had been consticting their son. the boy was then bitten by the snake. they didnt happen to mention that a aussie python has never(to my nowledge) kill anyone.

Tommo i also watched "Dont go There".
Thought it was a bit over the top.Don't get me wrong there are some very dangerous animals here but the python part actually got a little laugh out of me as mean as that might sound laughing at a boy getting drilled by a python.
I really didn't expect a mention of 23ft pythons though.
No wonder some ppl come here from overseas and think we have kangaroo's in all our backyards etc.
Anyhow still love watching nature doco's of any sort.So i watched it all.

oh... is it mean to laugh at little boys getting drilled by pythons?

I saw it too, and I also remember when it happened, about 12 month ago.
It was in the paper and also on TV
Don?t know how long the snake was, but it was a Scrubbie
There was also a Girl attacked by one a few month ago, apparently the Scrubbie had her cat and the Girl pulled it out and got bitten in the face.
It was also on TV
Cheers Artie

I rekon it was a heeps good show, good entertainment. I remember a couple of years ago when a kid woke up in his bed up here and a carpet python was constricting his arm........luky bastard

lol i tuned in at the last 5 mins and my first thought was "oh god another crappy killer snake movie - why the hell are they using a coastal!" lmao i mean my god the thing was mauling the boy, they werent afraid to use the ol tomato sauce on the kids face lol
i was laughing :oops:

I saw it too, Killer python hey.
I must admit it would of freaked any parent out, huge snake, bleeding child, middle of the night in a tent. But the dramatic re-enactment had me smiling.
They used a coastal but it would have to been a scrubby they were confused with.
They said the kids scars were just now healing, I couldnt see any! they must have meant trauma because he wouldnt be phsyically scarred. Anything to beat it up more.
Also, I hate energex using a snake to install the correct fear response for finding a broken power line.

the joys of television ... well jsut goes to show you cant believe everything you hear.....

No wonder some ppl come here from overseas and think we have kangaroo's in all our backyards etc.
it's not wrong to tell people that it helps the tourism industry

also there was a babie in melb that was killed by her dads pet python a few years back

I must admit too that my jaw dropped while I watched the segment on the snake crawling into the little fellas tent. A great example of a snake behaving absolutely normally and not inflicting the ensuing injuries out of anything except instinctive self defense. The portrayed that this is almost normal behaviour for this animal to creep into your tent in the wilderness, get close enough and attack!! I must admit that coming to wake in the confines of a tent with a big scrubbie up close and personal would cause me to let out some definate noises of panic and I am not trying to minimize the terror that everyone involved here would have experienced but I didn' think that this segment really belonged in this show.
As for the little girl who got nailed on the face by a scrubbie while rescuing her cat happened up here in Cairns and she (little girl) was just so matter of fact that while she was around nothing was getting her cat.

Westhamsc,
Just a question but how the hell did a fathers "pet python" manage to kill a baby? Did he set the precedent that Steve Irwin has just discovered is not socially acceptable?

i can see that little kid seeing another wild python. he would probably scream like dewey from malcom in the middle.

lol...i watched that show and wat a load of crap....according to the show, the box jelly fish chases down fish with its exceptional eyesight!!!
i admit i had to laugh wen the python attacked that kid.

i remember the carpet python attack, it was a few years ago as it happened just up the road from my place at Binna Burra in the lamington national park up in the Gold Coast hinterland. I remember seeing the news report, the poor kid had some solid bite marks all over his face. When my carpets are hungry they often bite my hand and proceed to constrict and try to swallow my fingers. eyes just too big for their stomach. i think the documentary was good because it should make tourists look but dont touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back