sand monitor help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptiledude1

Reaction score
hey guys iv just recently got a 6 month old sand monitor and iv noticed hes got like a slimy stuff coming out of hes mouth like it just clear saliva but slimey and also hes got a runny nose like snots coming out and when he sitting on hes rock its like he breathing out of hes mouth and he is also sneazing any help would be appreciated.

cheers dylan

Sounds like RI Put some heat in with it if you already do have heat turn it up. Sounds pretty far gone trip to the vet might be a good call.

yer might have to do that yer iv got heat in there temps on the hot spot are about 40 degrees

my lace monitors that are inside have a basking spot of 60 c and another one of 45 and they only really use the 60 c one crocdoc from this site has a basking spot of 65 for his monitors so maybe try turning the basking temp up to 50 or 55

Sounds like a Respiratory Infection, try turning the temps up. You might have to get him checked by a vet and get some prescribed antibiotics.

it does sound like ri and your basking spot temps are way to low for sandies. i have my basking temps at bout 65 for my sandies and they love it. and like exotic doc sed get it to vet and get some antibiotics for it.

well reason why i dropped the temps is because my room is added on to my house and its a tin roof so it just gets so hot in there with no air conditioning any 1 know of a good vet arount the western sydney area

just get a non contact thermometer and move the basking site further away or change watts in bulbs until you reach what temp you need my smaller lace monitors are in a pretty hot room and thats what i did i got one of those laser temp guns ( expensive but well worth it )

use an on/off thermostat at cool end set at around 36-38 deg c. if the enclosure overheats, the thermostat will kick in.

deep substrate with a partially buried retes stack will give your monitor options for temp and humidity selection. 60 deg c hotspot

once an RI sets in its very unlikely to get better without antibiotics.

the worse it gets, the longer it will take to recover,...and even worse, it will recur time and time again.

i picked up a beardy with pnemonia (from an untreated RI) 2.5 years ago, after 4 months straight on antibiotics she had a break of 2 months, antis for 2 months, break fro 4 months, antis for 2 months etc,.. her most recent break was 5 months, but shes been back on fro over a month now.

thats what happens when u wait.

(i was aware of her condition when i picked her up,...but had no idea that it would never go away)

your monitor needs a vet, and antibiotics asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back