Savannah cats - petition

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thankyou so much for posting this! signed and forwarded onto others
if everyone els could email it on to other people that dont use this site that would be great!
the more people that see this the better!

by the way only #386 have signed so far so please keep sending it to others!!!

i am beginning to wonder about his history.... what if it was all posturing to sell records?
dunno how he sleeps at night now...
Hope Peter hasn't chucked out the tracksuit he used at the 2000 olympics ........ he might need it in a few years
[video=youtube;LLxOq5SNLIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLxOq5SNLIg[/video]

There's already breeders of this type of cat in Australia and other large cat breeds (i.e. Maine Coon).

They are expensive (so I doubt anybody would want to risk their brand new expensive pet getting lost by letting them outside) and also the breeders tend to be picky as to who they sell them to.

Not only that but I'm pretty sure they sell all their cats desexed, well I know that's the case with a few breeders I've read about.

Wont be signing the petition.

There's already breeders of this type of cat in Australia and other large cat breeds (i.e. Maine Coon).

They are expensive (so I doubt anybody would want to risk their brand new expensive pet getting lost by letting them outside) and also the breeders tend to be picky as to who they sell them to.

Not only that but I'm pretty sure they sell all their cats desexed, well I know that's the case with a few breeders I've read about.

i'm with you metal jazz,this hole thing is nothing but a big joke.........JMO.

Signed both of them, going to chuck them on my myspace too!

They will only sell desexed? That's a bit naive, 5 years down the track when they are an accepted breed you'll be able to pick them up for $500 with all bits intact

They will only sell desexed? That's a bit naive, 5 years down the track when they are an accepted breed you'll be able to pick them up for $500 with all bits intact

They sell desexed because of the risk of them escaping and breeding... I don't find that naive at all... it's responsible.

Maybe under special circumstances they will sell with all their bits intact, i'm not sure. But generally they only sell once the kittens have been desexed, microchipped, and vaccinated

They sell desexed because of the risk of them escaping and breeding... I don't find that naive at all... it's responsible.

Maybe under special circumstances they will sell with all their bits intact, i'm not sure. But generally they only sell once the kittens have been desexed, microchipped, and vaccinated

That works for a while, but you can't say it will work down the track.

I don't think anyone thinks these animals will be feral straight away, but in ten or twenty years it's a possibility.

Would you want a desexed GTP? Seriously, these things will come through imports once legalized with all bits connected. The breeders advertising at the moment want sole rights to the gold mine, thats the only reason for desexing.

Would you want a desexed GTP? .

...... :shock:
Are you serious?

There's a BIG difference between cats and snakes, it's not like a GTP is going to escape and breed with feral GTP's :rolleyes:

ALL kittens should come desexed and I think it is good that breeders (some at least) are doing so.

Sure they make more profit due to not every man and his dog (well..cat) breeding them just because they can; but not only is it preventing possible escapees from breeding it's also keeping the lines pure.

Metal Jazz, I wouldnt have expected any different from you.
-Yes, there may be breeders and importers with these feral creatures (and others) in Australia.
- Yes, there are already other feral cats in Australia.
- No, the breeders will sell breeding pairs eventually (and from $15,000 upwards) from AWL estimates.
- Yes, there is a very high likelihood that these ferals will escape into Australian wilderness eventually and breed.

As I stated in the initial blurb;

quote=tooninoz;1178645]If you are against the import of yet more feral species (and a potentially dangerous one) I have set up a petition to MP Peter Garrett. Unfortunately Mr Garrett doesnt listen much anymore to enviro issues, but...
it's worth a shot.

- if you agree with what Ive written, sign it. Send it to your friends.

- if you don't agree, don't sign it. Also, don't whinge about your love of cats/hybrids etc because this is not the thread for it.

- it's for people that love Australian fauna.

http://www.gopetition.com.au/online/19950.html

cheers, toon[/quote]

Perhaps you just overlooked 99% of what was written. Again.

Wrote it in pink for you.

Last edited:
ALL kittens should come desexed and I think it is good that breeders (some at least) are doing so.

couldnt agree more, someone stated on another thread something about toxoplasmosis which is a extreemly bad issue caused by roaming cats the more cats the more chances of this happening, also the way that cats are breeding in australia is becoming a huge problem there are WAY too many

but i cant say i dont like cats i love mine :) but i think that they shouldnt be sold unless they are desexed and cats shouldnt be alowed to roam at night especially

i shouldnt say caused by roaming cats because anycat pooping anywhere can cause it but say a cat comes and poos in an outdoor enclosure ur reps can end up with it, my squirrel gliders can end up with it if i use mulch that cats have gone to the loo in etc

its just a huge prob

Metal Jazz, I wouldnt have expected any different from you.
-Yes, there may be breeders and importers with these feral creatures (and others) in Australia.
- Yes, there are already other feral cats in Australia.
- No, the breeders will sell breeding pairs eventually (and from $15,000 upwards) from AWL estimates.
- Yes, there is a very high likelihood that these ferals will escape into Australian wilderness eventually and breed.

As I stated in the initial blurb;

quote=tooninoz;1178645]If you are against the import of yet more feral species (and a potentially dangerous one) I have set up a petition to MP Peter Garrett. Unfortunately Mr Garrett doesnt listen much anymore to enviro issues, but...
it's worth a shot.

- if you agree with what Ive written, sign it. Send it to your friends.

- if you don't agree, don't sign it. Also, don't whinge about your love of cats/hybrids etc because this is not the thread for it.

- it's for people that love Australian fauna.

http://www.gopetition.com.au/online/19950.html

cheers, toon

Perhaps you just overlooked 99% of what was written. Again.

I read it all, thanks.

If you were referring to "if you don't agree, don't sign it. Also, don't whinge about your love of cats/hybrids etc because this is not the thread for it."

I wasn't whinging about my love of cats/hybrids I was simply saying that I wont sign your petition and why.

And i'd love to know where else i've overlooked 99% of what was written.

Why would I want it written in pink? I dislike that colour...

No, Metal Jazz, the 99% referred to the fact that it linked to a petition. If you look at the thread title you may see as much (dunno if you have a strong bandwidth out your way cobber).

If you dont want to sign it.... dont.

Honestly, I couldnt put it any simpler. PM me if you are having more difficulties.

No, Metal Jazz, the 99% referred to the fact that it linked to a petition. If you look at the thread title you may see as much (dunno if you have a strong bandwidth out your way cobber).

If you dont want to sign it.... dont.

Honestly, I couldnt put it any simpler. PM me if you are having more difficulties.

You don't have to be rude.

I didn't want to sign it, so I didn't; I also posted why.... I didn't realize we weren't allowed to discuss anything :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back