Saw-shelled turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea they have fish in the tank with them that they pick on, also give them prawns, going to start making my own turtle food soon, at least then i know whats in it

post pics, i'll post pics of mine when i get it

ok will be the first time ive posted pics so hope i get it right :) i will make a thread for them soon .... only 1 of robert so far ( named after robert the bruce because hes from under the bruce hyway :D yes i am mental but its a good kind of mental) .....

wait how do i do it?

hehe not really but we drove all the way up there to get it and the bruce does go over the marry at one point :) i bought off expansa

this wont be my 1st purchase from expansa and wont be my last:D

did you see the ones in need of a new home they have at the moment..... i was thinking about it but its just getting back up there .... damn shame they didnt say last week i just came back from rocky this weekend could have stopped in :(

yea, i'm gonna build a pond and might take a couple

lone pive koala sanctuary $30 great deal i thought

did you see the ones in need of a new home they have at the moment..... i was thinking about it but its just getting back up there .... damn shame they didnt say last week i just came back from rocky this weekend could have stopped in :(

Hey Bunnykin, the free turtles have to be personally picked up from Currumbin Sanctuary ONLY!
Not from me! I'm just organising new homes for the little guys and am the Currumbin Sanctuary's contact!

Regards,

Craig

Although it may be labelled Turtle Food, that doesn't mean it is good for them. Apparently it consists of scraps from the abattoir floor and certainly not recommended to be used as their sole type of food. Try giving them what they would find in the wild, ie primarily fish.
Allan

Fish would make up very little of a shot necks diet as they would rarely(if ever) catch a heathly fish in the wild IMO, they would obiviously eat and dead or dying fish they find but i doubt it would be a large portion of their diet. Long necks are differant and would eat a fair amount of fish but i think they would still get alot of invetebrates as well. Fish are still great food for both but i think invertebrates are also very important as is vegetable matter for older short necks. Short necks gennerally forage while long necks are ambush predators.

I feed mine fish, various invertebrates, prawns, dog/cat food, water plants, rodent, chopped up chicken necks, fish food pellets and various bits of animal. They also get wobaroo suplement on their meat sometimes. I think that frozen turtle food is a rip off and its very messy.

Hopefully Craig or someone will correct me if im wrong, it would also vary alot between species not just the length of their necks.

Does anyone know the details about saw shells being able to eat cane toads?

Oh yeah, nice turtles hornet :)

thanks, thought so, one thing, wouldnt feeding rodents be messy, they normally tear their food apart

Hornet, Currumbin is in the Gold coast. Its about 20 mins from surfers paradise.Hospital(where the turtles are) is open 8 till 5, 7 days a week.

thanks, thought so, one thing, wouldnt feeding rodents be messy, they normally tear their food apart

yeah it can be a bit messy, but i usually feed them small pieces to avoid fighting. There are also plenty of fish to clean up any small bits that the turtles miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back