scale issues with my woma please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheloveszonata

Reaction score
My woma has had these weird blotches on her mid body region since Nov 20th or so..when I first saw them I really panicked because I'd never seen anything like this on her before. Her scales look dry and kind of flaky..I apologize the photos arent better quality. It looks like some of her scales just sloughed off and revealed scales that are much lighter than her normal color. I moved her to paper towels (she was on eco earth before) and took out the branches I had in her terrarium, and I soaked her. She had a good shed on Nov25, and I figured she was back to normal. However yesterday I noticed the blotches are back again. She's got plenty of water available, the heats at about 80-84 degrees consistently, and her humidity is fine. Everything is the same as it's been for her in the past 3 years. I've been googling it pretty much nonstop but I can't seem to find anything that directly matches this condition. Her underside looks completely fine and is normal color. Please help :(

photo 5.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 4.jpg

It could be hormonal which is influencing a pigment change or could be a dermatological reaction to something. Could even be mites under the scales. Best see a vet if it's concerning or cussing discomfort.

Do you have unprotected lights? Siri looks like a bit of scale burn

the scales look fine to me just a lighter colour, ive noticed a similar thing when one of my guys was burrowing under some rocks in his enclosure and he got a little scratched up on his back and when he shed they looked similar but it wasn't as wide spread they cleared up after a few sheds

I considered that it looked like a burn..but I can't imagine how that could happen. Her ceramic heat lamp sits on the screen top of her tank and I don't think she could get just the midsection of her body up there..her head scales look totally normal. I had to deal with mites about 5 years ago with my first snake (I got him from a shady breeder) so I know what to look for, and I'm absolutely positive it isn't mites. I was planning on taking her to the vet next week anyways, but Woma's aren't common pets in my area and I'm concerned the exotic vets around me won't have much experience with them. That's why I was hoping someone in this forum could help me =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back