Scaleless Adders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Den from Den Pythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in scaleless adders. I'd like to know who may be breeding them this season. I'd also like a bit of feedback from people who keep, or have kept them. I've had someone tell me that scaleless adders have problems with shedding, sometimes having to be "manually" shed. I've had another person tell me that they shed fine and require no help what-so-ever. Do they need any "special" attention or require increased humidity other than obvious spraying when in shed?

(Please don't turn this into an anti-mutant or anti-freak thread)!

Thanks guys

They are no different to keep from any other Adder. Most of the stuff posted about them is crap.

Hi Den, if all goes well with my license soon and I will have some soon..... I have been watching the animals I'm getting for a while now and they seem to shed well............ All that they need is a lot of perches which enables them to choose a heat temp(they have no scales) Also, they need a decent amt of humidity...... Except for that they are no diff from the snake with scales........ Hope this helps and if any one thinks I'm wrong then please do let me know cos I am getting some and would rather b right than wrong.. cheers

G/B.........

Thanks guys. So who are you getting yours fromG/B? If you tell me i'll buy you a coke:)

Will you have any available next year Shane?

I've heard a few stories. I was going to buy one a while ago but i was put off buy the manual shed comment, damn it!

Is that yours Jason? Whats the history on them? Originally born from Antarcticus or Praelongus parents?

Thanks

Last edited:
oh now that u ask, I'm buying them off a friend who picked up a trio from a well know breeder who advertised them on the trader......... This guy buys them and is **** scared off them(who gave him his license):lol::lol::lol:.... So ya, I'm paying half the price and I'm getting SCALELESS ADDERS....... How cool is that......

Sweet mate! Come on, you don't need three. Seeing as we're Brisso brothers surely you'll swing one my way!:);)

They actually do have scales. They have belly scales just like any other Adder. Feel free to call me, but there's not a lot i can tell you, their just like any normal Adder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back