Scared of Sharks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to be IN the cage.... not so sure about being on top of it!!!!! Wowsers!

Great pic!

That would actually be awesome :D
Shark diving is definately on my to do list!

Here's as pic for anyone who's afraid of sharks lol :lol:

shark+fail.JPG

I got to say it's also on my bucket-list of things to do. It'd be incredible seeing something like that in the flesh (let alone being in the same water as it). I've seen quite a few docos on them, and whilst they scare the be-jesus out of me, I can't help thinking I'd like a "controlled" experience with one :) (eg: not being a chunk of fish-food hanging off a surfboard :lol:)

I want to see a picture of the shark that thought it was ok to have a go at the one pictured.

OMG I am horrified of sharks. When I first bought my kayaks my daughter went onto youtube looking up shark attack videos. She actually found one where a kayaker was out on open water and a great white came right up and looked at him, then swam away. I can't believe the person in the boat was so calm. I probably would have freaked to a point of falling out of my boat right into the sharks mouth. But I don't go in saltwater. I stay up river where the water is brackish or fresh.

I think it's jean-michel cousteau who first dived with whites without cages. He says that as long as the water is clear they don't mistake you as a seal.
ANd I have seen literately thousands of sharks underwater ( I used to collect aquarium fish professionally) including a monster about 5 meters who passed a meter under me while I was spearfishing.

That would actually be awesome :D
Shark diving is definately on my to do list!

Here's as pic for anyone who's afraid of sharks lol :lol:

shark+fail.JPG

I love sharks but this photo literally nearly stopped my heart lol. Imagine turning around and seeing that in your face !!!

I'll warrant the photographer only got one clear picture - for one reason or another...

Not down here there isn't. So I think I'm safe. We do get little sharks but they stay away, so they don't scare me as much.

mysnakesau, sharks can be still found in brackish water. I know Bull Sharks have been found in almost fresh water.

Thanks for posting the pic up Kurto, pretty sweet shot.
Sharks are quite misunderstood, just like most of our pets.

I love White Sharks! The National Geographic site has great photography, I never get sick of it.

Sharks are quite misunderstood, just like most of our pets.

yea when they bite us people think there trying to eat us when really there just saying hi :)only kidding id say theres more snakes that bite than sharks as a surfer i have seen a few over the years and only recently a friend was bitten on the foot it let go pretty quick was actually kinda good got rid of all the crowds in the water

The ones in the cage are scaredy - cats.'
The ones on top are thrill seekers.

Yes, Kathy, don't ever think fresh/brackish water is safe from sharks. I have a feeling (not quite sure) that Bull sharks have killed/maimed more people than any other species.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea when they bite us people think there trying to eat us when really there just saying hi :)only kidding id say theres more snakes that bite than sharks as a surfer i have seen a few over the years and only recently a friend was bitten on the foot it let go pretty quick was actually kinda good got rid of all the crowds in the water

Where I live, don't have to worry about the crowds :)
Can look down the beach for kms and only see maybe 3-4 others out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back