Scars?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering about scars from cuts and burns........

Depending on the severity of the cut/burn, will it be reduced with each shed? Will it go completely?

Thanx Guys :)

Minor ones will eventually fade out, more severe ones will heal in time but will remain.

thats a great Q bryony as i just looked at a pair of diamonds and the male has heat burn scares on his tail area he is a healthy looking snake but has white scares.

Would they stay there or go in time?

PK :)

Like human scars, they will never completely go away.

On a similar note, I shaved my leg the other day (due to strapping my knee), and it's amazing how many scars I have...crazy.

Strapping your knee, yeah right. Tell the truth Jonno, Youve bought a bicycle havent you.

so the same as humans....reduced in time?
What happens to the scarred area during a slough?

the scarred area will sometimes not shed properly. U can easily pull the remaining slough off or it usually comes off by itself after a few days.

peterescue said:
Strapping your knee, yeah right. Tell the truth Jonno, Youve bought a bicycle havent you.

My life revolves around bikes (and reptiles..). Hence the reason I need to strap my knee, after I shattered my patella into 12 pieces.

I work in a bike store...

I had a big Diamond that had bad scaring on it and he never had any problems sloughing, of the three scars he had two remained and never reduced and one superficial one disappeared completely.
Just so as you know I got him already injured from his owner who I gave the choice of handing him over or I would call NPWS. he gave him to me but I called them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back