Scorpion help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDkeeper

Reaction score
I bought a yarodacus yashenkoi last year at the Newcastle expo and it has not grown a cm since I bought it and was wondering if anybody could tell me why an what I could do to fix it thanks

Scorpions only grow when they moult, that species typically does that only once a year. Yaschies are one of the more difficult species to have moult successfully, conditions have to be just right. All you can do is provide good conditions and feed it, it will grow when it's ready.

And just wondering can you sex scorpions or do you just put them together and see what happens

spelling

Hey there BDkeeper, you did not say whether you bought your Urodacus yaschenkoi as an adult or pre 6th Instar, i mention this as post 6th instar your Yasche will not grow or go through any further moulting as it has reached sexual maturity at this stage, you can up the humidity to around 90% (if you already have it at 60% already) and make sure you have enough depth in your substrate (desert sand) for you Yasche to make a burrow and if it needs to moult it will make a burrow and seal itself in till it moults, as far as sexing them is concerned i always had a look underneath them at the chest plate or sternum, in the male it is split and on the female it is solid, but this is not really noticeable untill after the 6th instar (around 4 years), someone else here might know abit more about scorpions than me as my area of expertise in Arachnida was spiders but i kept a few Yasche's for awhile................Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back