Scorps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenmouse

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is there any law about collecting scorpions and selling them i live in the rural area of darwin and i am constantly removing them from my swimming pool, big ones too! this time of year 2-3 every morning?

i dont think you can sell them so pet shops but you can to friends and stuff

i dont think you can sell them so pet shops but you can to friends and stuff

A guy just got prosecuted for selling them to "friends" in Qld, so I would be very careful. Laws may be different in NT though.

I've heard it's now against the law in QLD to collect them. I believe they are protected there now.

a quick search:
In Queensland, all native birds, reptiles, mammals (except the dingo), amphibians and scorpions are protected
animals under the Nature Conservation Act 1992. A number of native spiders, butterflies and freshwater fish are
also protected. The grey nurse shark (Carcharias taurus) is also protected.
The wildlife specified in schedule 6 of the Nature Conservation (Wildlife) Regulation 1994 is international
wildlife

source: http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...ons+protected+in+QLD&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=au

i know its illegal in queensland, its stupid i think the amount recreational keepers would collect would be nothing compared to the comercial collectors

i know its illegal in queensland, its stupid i think the amount recreational keepers would collect would be nothing compared to the comercial collectors

Thats because the government can regulate commercial collectors, knowing how many are taken as well as charge them for the privilege.

as far as i know, well it was last time i knew, legal for private keepers in qld to collect them.

isn't there a differnt license you need to collect them from the wild tho? but illegal to sell them

a wildlife harvesting licence is needed to collect large ammounts for sale but privatly you can collect them with no licence. Well thats how it was last time i checked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back