Scrub python chopped up for youtube video - animal cruelty

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only difference between this type of cruelty to animals and to people is that the sickos that get a kick out of it lack the balls to do it to a person for fear of consequences or somehow thinks that they are superior and the only creatures that can feel pain.

I reckon $50,000 fines or several years in jail should be appropriate. And have a minimum sentence for these circumstances so that it can't be brushed aside as a warning.

If i ever see people chopping up snakes for no reason i'll happily turn the shovel on them so they'll never walk again and feel guilty that i still hadn't done enough.

I hate cruelty to animals.

what i find amazing is how people like us have to go through hell just to keep the animals we love and cherish, we want to give them the best life possible and people can do this and its ok...

Yeah it is hell, & is damn near impossible these days.
I mean you have to download an application form, send it in to NPWS and pay $40. :rolleyes::lol:

If it's not a whale or dolphin the general population doesn't care.

These two low life sewer dwellers should have been jailed and the key thrown away. How many other mentally deficient morons are going to copy their actions after seeing it on youtube.

Its pretty big news up here, the local public are very P'o'd, perhaps the southern media just arnt interested. The entire justice system appears to be a joke up here, wrist slappen all over the place. Does any one know what happend to the sicko's that bashed the kangaroo and put it on youtube last year? ....

This Is a Disgrace Just hang the jerk I hope u get hit by a bus then a train from the other way .. WHo could do such a terrible thing.. and then post it like a badge on honour

May You RIP Scrubby.

I hope your wish doesn't come true. I would prefer they got cancer and died a slow lingering death.

more to the story?

I do not condone the activity, as it could always have been handled better, but after following up the story a few pages onward I find this...

Charge snake killers: RSPCA- Local Cairns News | cairns.com.au

in the comments section I'll refer you to this post.

The reason no one was charged is because the snake came into our house and attacked a cat sleeping on my daughters lap at 2 in the morning,there was a you tube video showing the size of the snake,there was no video of any one killing anything,a complaint was made to the epa buy a vindictive neighbor trying to cause trouble and the rest of the gossip was brought to you by the Cairns post.......dont beleave everything you read.....especially in the cairns post
Posted by: wayne avison of julatten 08:27am Friday 10th April

interesting eh? Emotive responsese sell papers and advertising space. ;)
-Kri

I hadn't heard Bout this one. Simply shocking.
Reminds of the blokes who took to their boats with shotguns during the floods to "take out" the snKe stranded in trees.
Did they only get a warning too?

Interesting considering newsbot posted an article about a Brisbane woman who will face court over decapitating a mouse and posting on facebook.

She may have published it on the net, they are all guilty of cruelty to animals (not condoming non humane methods of disposing of introduced animals) but why is it killin natives is a warning?

I agree that the laws should be enforced. That said, the people on here saying offenders should be mortally wounded or killed take all credibility away from the argument. Really guys? Really?

People who do things like this should be locked up in a cage with a 4 metre long saltwater crocodile, and see how they would feel being chopped up into pieces.

lts so sad that we have people living on this planet that want to go out their way and be so mean and cruel to other animals, that have just as much right to live on this planet as we humans do without being hurt or killed at all.

Rubbish People like the Rubbish Frogs ( Arnhem Land name for Cane Toad) are always with us. You just do what you can.

Posted by: Barbara of Sydney 03:22pm Thursday 19th March
It's a dead snake: who really cares? Why all this faux compassion for a snake?

I had a whole reply set up making a polite attack on this woman, where I stated she is shallow and that if someone did this to a dog she'd be horrified, but my computer stuffed up and I lost the draft and I cant be bothered to type it up again.

I agree that the laws should be enforced. That said, the people on here saying offenders should be mortally wounded or killed take all credibility away from the argument. Really guys? Really?
Yeah its a bit far. I wish emotional pain on people like that (jail time, a fine that leaves them broke ect) but physical harm is a bit far.

Yeah its a bit far. I wish emotional pain on people like that (jail time, a fine that leaves them broke ect) but physical harm is a bit far.

Much easier to accept and agree with an argument like that :). Being rational always helps hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back