Scrubbies, Good or Bad?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melluvssnakes

Reaction score
Hey guys, my boyfriend really wants to get a scrubbie, but I've heard that they can be really agressive and nasty. Is this true?

Would love to hear from some people who own them, share some experiences.

Having a big enough enlosure is not a problem, we've got a whole room dedicated to reptiles, and there is a wall that is just begging for a huge enclosure to make it look pretty...

Thanks guys,

Melissa

From what ive heard they can be aggressive,no amount of handling etc will calm them down..If you have the room and enuff feed then the bottom line is it all comes down to you...Ive never owned one as yet,intend to once i get the right size enclosure,as i love the bigger snakes...There is some1 on here that has 13-14 and apparently they are quiet good,each snake is different then the next...Good luck if you choose to get 1...

I can't touch mine :( , but in saying that they are awesome display snakes!!

Great snake if your prepared to take the good with the bad .Quiet a few people on here have "fairly placid" ones but most of us have the bad tempered breed .You have heard the stories about them so up to you.If I had the room I would definately get another even though I already have a nasty one .She is getting better as she gets older and bigger but that doesn't mean I can let my guard down around her .At 10ft she still has some growing and attitude adjustment to do .Good luck

as joemal said, great snake if you are prepared to take the good with the bad. our boy is one of those "fairly placid" ones, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have days where you stay the hell away from him. we have learnt to read his body language and pick up on the subtle cues he sends out, so we can tell what he is thinking. i think that if you have time to do the "getting to know you" thing with a scrubby - this time frame was longer with bruce than with our carpets - you will be totally captivated by these wonderful creatures. scrubs are full of personality, so even if yours ends up being a particularly nasty one that just sits there and looks pretty, you will constantly be amazed by its antics. i know we are :)

my uncle has 3 and there cool dont bite or anything but each snake is individual , MD's are considered the best beginner snake because of placid nature and ease of captive breeding and housing but my mate has one that thinks its a mamba and go's ya all the time and trys to eat your hand and death stares ya lol

mine is a great handler.like in every species,you can get good and bad ones.you just have to give scrubbies a bit more respect

They enjoy giving golden showers......much worse than any bite!

I have been lucky with mine they are great but they can be killers and are a snake which poos every where they are gross but I love them . Also they grow fast and if you don't get it out of being aggressive a very large mean snake is not ususal great I love them tho

Yeh there's not much on here that's making me want to get one, but Mik is really keen, so I guess that means I'm about to become a mummy, AGAIN haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back