seperating eggs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

congo_python

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Whats the best way to seperate fresh laid eggs if stuck together?
Congo

g'day mate, really its best not to as you can seriously damage the walls of the eggs, being suck together posses no real problem unless one egg goes rotten, then all you do is cut that egg off as much as you can without damaging the other egg and cleanig it, but yeah best to leave them together.

congo_python said:
Any actual answers from people who have done it?

I have and like i said, don't do it, once they are stuck it's way to risky to try and separating them.

Besides you can get if you have good fertile eggs you should get a perfect hatch rate, no need to pull them apart.

The only time I have separated eggs is when I have been retrieving them while they are being laid. An our or so later if they separate easily then I separate them. I usually have some that incubate in clump and a few loose ones. As others have said the only valid reason for separating them is so that ones that die can be easily removed.

In the wild they are adhered... I assume that evolution has done this for a good reason.

In the wild they are adhered... I assume that evolution has done this for a good reason.

Yup, it is so they don't roll away when the female is moving around. There is no need for them to be adhered when they are being artificially incubated in my opinion. I always try and seperate but if they are stuck tight then they stay that way.

so if you seperate them within 15 minutes of being laid do you think they would be alright afro? what about beardie eggs, cause all the ones i have seen are seperated is this because the female doesnt rap around them?

thats right beardies usaly lay them apart but correct me if i'm wrong as it has never happened to me but they don't stick together as they are coverd and can not move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back