Sexual organs hanging out! - Boyds hatchling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes you cant post for help and leave us all hanging like those hemipenes 9whoops how rude) lol...oh my husband told me i have had too many wines to post lol

There still out, I've been doing sugar water baths for a couple of hours a day, when his not having a bath, I rub KY jelly on them and I keep him very moist.

They still have blood flowing through them, so there not dead.

I haven't been able to get to the vet, but I'm making an appointment as soon as I can.

There still out, I've been doing sugar water baths for a couple of hours a day, when his not having a bath, I rub KY jelly on them and I keep him very moist.

They still have blood flowing through them, so there not dead.

I haven't been able to get to the vet, but I'm making an appointment as soon as I can.

Thats no good, maybe its actually a birth deformity as sugar baths in my experience are quite effective.
How long have you been leaving it in the sugar bath for?

Thats no good, maybe its actually a birth deformity as sugar baths in my experience are quite effective.
How long have you been leaving it in the sugar bath for?

Any where from 2-4 hours, he has some small rocks to rest on, when he's resting on the rocks, his bits are still in the water.

THERE FINALLY BACK IN!!!!

It only took 13 days. The sugar water and KY jelly seemed to do nothing. For the past 3 days it's been around 36 degrees and very humid in the enclosure, I also have had the fog machine on almost all day everyday, I recon it's the heat and humidity that's fixed it (I haven't soaked him for the past 3 days).

Last edited:
How does the sugar help retract them?

By osmosis drawing water from the prolapsed tissue causing it to shrink and hopefully pop back in. I've used epsom salts baths for aquarium fish with some success for similar problems.

By osmosis drawing water from the prolapsed tissue causing it to shrink and hopefully pop back in. I've used epsom salts baths for aquarium fish with some success for similar problems.

Well the sugar water didn't do a whole lot for this little guy, if anything, they came out more after the soak (I'm not saying this method doesn't work, I would try this method again if I have this problem again). In the end, it was the warm temps and fogger that got them back in.

well i;m glad hes doing better i'm very please to hear it poor lil dude

Well the sugar water didn't do a whole lot for this little guy, if anything, they came out more after the soak (I'm not saying this method doesn't work, I would try this method again if I have this problem again). In the end, it was the warm temps and fogger that got them back in.

Its not 100% effective - depends on the degree of prolapse and length of time that's passed before treatment was started. In many respects its only a temporizing measure whilst organizing a vet appointment.

Sit him in a tub with 5-10mm of luke warm sugar water

I had this problem in the UK when a leopard gecko i had was breeding with a female when she pulled away, his parts were still hanging out, i had him in a tub with warm sugar water for about 10 - 20 minutes and on the third day of doing this they went back in :)

( on a side note i was on a UK forum at the time and the people on there were not helpful at all and were calling me a bad pet owner and that i was going to prison for animal cruelty because i wanted to try the sugar water instead of taking to a vet )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back