Sharks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

froglet

Reaction score
Thought others might get a kick out of this pic.:lol:
Was on holidays on the sunshine coast and decided to do the shark dive.:shock:
They grey nurses were fine, but the wobbegong decided i was in its way, so he tried to ram me out the way:p

Last edited:
Scared out of his witts!!!:shock: That's an understatement, even his hair is standing up on it's ends.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only thing i was scared of was the dive instuctor. and coz of the weights, i couldn't stand properly and i didn't want to fall over hahaha

Scared out of his witts!!!:shock: That's an understatement, even his hair is standing up on it's ends.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please note guys HE is actually a SHE

hahaha Megs

Would have been a good day out!!!
Would love to do the Great white dive off South Australia or South Africa one day.they are one of my most favourite creatures.

Would any do a free dive with a White Pointer.I think it's ilegal in Australia.

I'm not sure on the legal side of it but yes, i would probably free dive with them. I would want to see the temperment of the shark first lol!!!
Half of us probably have swam with some sort of shark before and not even realised it.
Swimming in the cage with them is legal though.

Looks like fun. I would love to free dive with sharks. Grey nurses are great but I don't know about great whites without a cage, they taste test EVERYTHING. Even to just be "mouthed" by one of these monster would leave you bleeding to death, then the blood in the water would just get them to finish you off!!!! Count me in on the cage dive with a great white or free dive with grey nurse.

Swimming with grey nurses is great, just like swimming with adult lemons and black tips, but for real kicks, try swimming with a hammerhead :D now that was a rush.

I done a shark dive like that at oceanworld, very interesting to be in their world like that. They swim right past/over/around you, just inches away, you almost want to touch them.
They look a bit dead when you look them in the eye though, kinda like a big swimming zombie.

As for the great whites... you can go out on a boat trip for a week and cage dive with them but its cost $20,000 or some ludicrous price. I think i saw it on www.redballoondays.com.au

Good on you Froglet. I did the shark dive at Manly OceanWorld. I got barrelled by a Green Turtle and had a Sting Ray the biggest one in the tank decide it was going sit on top of me and chew on my hair. I got it for a Xmas pressie 3 years ago and what a rush. The Grey Nurse were beautiful.

Simone.

I done a shark dive like that at oceanworld, very interesting to be in their world like that. They swim right past/over/around you, just inches away, you almost want to touch them.
They look a bit dead when you look them in the eye though, kinda like a big swimming zombie.

As for the great whites... you can go out on a boat trip for a week and cage dive with them but its cost $20,000 or some ludicrous price. I think i saw it on www.redballoondays.com.au

I did see two article on TV- one by a scientist and the other by Vic Hislop who claimed that the people who do these dive tours were being irresponsible, Hislop went on to say that they should be charged with murder for the number of attacks that have increased on humans in those areas.
He also stated that by throwing in blood, dangling humans in a cage off a boat and giving the White Pointers a free feed was encouraging and training them to attack humans. I found his comments interesting and when you think about animals feeding responses etc both these guys had very good points.
One of the tour operators was part of the group who rallied and won to have the Whites protected, he and Jacques Cousteau did a study in the middle of winter and claimed that there would be no more than 36 white's left in the world. Hislop argued that the waters in SA were too cold in winter and that they migrated north to places like Moreton Bay. The same weekend they did the study in SA, Hislop caught and killed 13 whites in Moreton Bay.
Whether or not you agree with either party, it's pretty interesting stuff.

Simone.

has anybody done the shark dive at marourbra sydney "magic point" i think it is called? there is a colony of grey nurse sharks there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back