Shed question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robpiersen

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I got a my first stimson python hatchling 2 days ago from a reliable and reputable breeder It came with all info feed records hatch date etc.but it said the last shed was 18/1/13 and reading up about it they should shed every 6-8 weeks is this right and if so it's been 12 weeks since last shed should I be worried or is this common?

So I got a my first stimson python hatchling 2 days ago from a reliable and reputable breeder It came with all info feed records hatch date etc.but it said the last shed was 18/1/13 and reading up about it they should shed every 6-8 weeks is this right and if so it's been 12 weeks since last shed should I be worried or is this common?
Ive got 2 hatchy Stimmies that shed less often than my coastal does so dont worry too much.
Hope this puts your mind at ease:
Stimmy #1 hatched 1/12/12 shed 10/2/13 & 13/4/13
Stimmy #2 hatched 15/12/12 shed 28/12/12 & 23/2/13 & 17/4/13

just re-read your post and saw 12 weeks...according to my records that is a bit unusual. Is it on fuzzies yet?

Last edited:
Thanks heaps wasn't getting too worried yet as she hasn't even had her first feed with me yet But thought They're meant to start more frequent shedding once feeding regularly aren't they ?

I had to delay postage because she had eaten her first fuzzy just over a week ago

yeh the more you feed, the more they grow and the more they shed. mine have been on fuzzy mice for a couple of feeds now so maybe in your case it is still on pinkies and just not growing at the same rate as mine. Mine were both around 18grams at last check. I started feeding them fuzzies when they were 16grams.

I was going to try a first feed tomorrow hopefully all goes well and she might shed soon. Thanks for your help mate :) good to get some advice from experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back