Shift Workers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i liked night shift but am no longer allowed to work it as i have to do field work now. We used to work 5:30in the afternoon til 6 the next morning

I work at Maccas. When I turn 15 I will have to do a graveyard shift at the owners 24 hr store.

Can't say I'm looking forward to it...

I work at Maccas. When I turn 15 I will have to do a graveyard shift at the owners 24 hr store.

Haha but you'll be doing a great service, nothing like a double quarter pounder at 4:30am after work :D

Mum use to work 9pm to 5am Tuesday to Saturday. It was kind of weird because with the hours I worked aswell no one ever saw each other at home lol.

we work 10hr shifts 1 week its 2 days and 2 nite,nites are 9pm till 7am but normally end up working on due to lack of staff then 3 days off then the next week it will be 3 days and 2 nites,dont finish on time many times due to high work load shifts end up being anywhere from 10 to 16hrs long makes it hard to see each other and the kids at the same time.

im on casual but i work 40+ hours a week so i should be put on full time but why when you gt paid more when you are on casual lol i work from 3am to 6pm in a bait shop and i work some times on a trawler

Yeah the 12hr shifts are ordinary at times but the big plus is I have 4 days off out of every 8!!!! We used to work a rotating 8hr, 3 shift pattern which really sucked. It went like this:

7 night shifts(11pm-7am)
two days off, including the day you finish
7 afternoon shifts(3pm-11pm)
1 day off
7 day shifts(7am-3pm)
four days off "long roster"

The thought of going back to this roster frightens the hell out of me. I never want to have to do 7 straight night shifts again, or any afternoon shifts for that matter!!!!

You in the military Buck? I used to work that shift when I was working in the military working alongside civilian staff. We stopped that roster when a flight sergeant died in front of the CO during the morning brief.

Wow, how old are you now? You look older than that in your pics.

I have people guess my age at work. Most guess 16 :p

My manager said I was more like a very mature 16 year old. I doubt my friends would agree with that 'mature' part, however...

On the topic of work I was asked to become a crew trainer the other day! I'm not too fond of training but my rate will go up to 9 dollars something. Anything to help me save for the South-Western CP I would like to get some time in the future. :D

I also do children's parties. *shudder* I had four parties on Saturday, one after the other. Each party had more than 20 kids, and the very first had 27! That's more than 85 kids in one 9 hour shift!

Ok, all this talk about work is depressing me... Better shut up.

Last edited:

Woohoo, which 24 hour store? The Victoria Park one?

yer shift work 1730 untill 0300. for the night/evening shift. 0300 untill 0800 morning shifts. they vary a little on the weekend. i work as a veterinary emergency nurse so we do the hrs as the other clinics are closing and closed during the nights and weekends, it means we get to see some interesting things though and get to care for some of the critical animals untill they can get to the uni's day clinic or help them get through the night

Sheesh what are all these jobs doing horribile hours? Do they pay well? (well..apart from a apprentice chef.. I know how crap that is. :p )

HA!

i've only recently stopped doing 14+ hour shifts....

personally, given the choice i'd rather do 4 12+ hour days than 5 8 hour days

Me too.. I love days off.

I pity you guys. *Hugs all round*

Hey, at least you can see what your pythons are up to in the middle of the night before work

12 hour shifts... 6 'til 6

1 day, 2 nights - 4 days off

Followed by:

2 days, 1 night - 5 days off.

love it, I've missed bugger all of my kids growing up, I take them to kinder/school most days. Also, only have to take 3 days off to get a 12 day break.

Last edited:
im back on 3pm till 11pm-its early enough to be easy and not impact to greatly on my life and late enough to be really annoying.

i am still doing 3:30 to midnight or 1 or 2 or 3 and thats it got to go home and drink beer
MMMMMMM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back