Shingle back help needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahbell

Reaction score
One of my gravid sleepys has swollen front legs that leads up to her neck ,it looks kind of like fluid retention.
She is able to do all the normal things fine ,but i was just wondering if this is normal for them or not?

Hmm...I remember the vet saying that if reptiles have calcium deficiency they will have quite prominent abnormal/uneven swelling. I'd imagine that to be true as gravid animals do need a high amount of calcium intake to develop the eggs. See what others have to say though. :)

I'd imagine that to be true as gravid animals do need a high amount of calcium intake to develop the eggs

Shinglebacks are live bearers. Never the less, Calcium should be an essential part of her diet at this stage (it should be an essential part of her diet otherwise also, just more so now), as the babies would require alot for efficient bone growth and development.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Shingle back help needed

jimmy_the_kid said:
as that a dig at me afro

Nooooooo Jimmy, I'm sure he wasn't!! What made you say that? :p Ok I'm gonna stop posting here before I take poor sarah's thread. I've done enough damage crapping every one of Jimmy's threads so far. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back