shingle back

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes_alive

Reaction score
Hi guy's well I'm proud to say lazy liz (shingle back) had a baby :D :shock: Thursday afternoon. I was so suprised :eek: , I don't think the smile has left my face :D . Any way baby was born Thursday afternoon, Friday morning I was watching liz and I swear it looked as if she was pushing, but she has not given birth to any more :? , my hubby thinks she could of been pushing everything back in place. Any help you guy's can give me it would great :wink: . I just worry, what if there is one in there and she can't get it out. She has settled, I haven't seen her pushing like that since Friday morning, but she is in her cage outside so I'm not there every minute.

Thanks to all the one's who reply it really help's

Debbie

Heres a couple of photo's for you all to enjoy, :D

AW thats so cool, and cute, lucky you!!! Sadly mines a male, dosent much of anything, think ill build him a hammock! :lol: Shingles have large babies, usually only one or two so that might be it.
Congrats !!!! :D :D :D

Wow! is three common? They must look like a football before they give Birth! :D

Thanks guy's,

I was so suprised, they are big hay, the size blew me away, ssssnakeman I did try to feel gently, but she just tenses up, its not like feeling a dog or cat is it, went out yesterday and I haven't been out there yet, so I will let you know if there is another suprise, my fingers are crossed. Baby is the first reptile born here, I'm still amazed, blown away and so proud.

Debbie

5 that's a spin hay, would of they been smaller or the same size? mate that would of been crampy hay?

Anyway guy's she has two, So i'm a proud owner of two beautiful baby shinglebacks. COOL hay. man this is a good feeling. I'm wrapped.

2, thats great. There is still hope for my female, who is suspected pregnant. Did you notice that your female became very angry during the pregnancy and didn't like anyone touching her? Because everytime I take her out of the cage i get a nice warm bath so to speak.

Cheers Alex

Thanks instar.
Hi Alex,
She was ok hay, weren't big on being picked up, I didn't get a bath, lol. she did start pacing the cage, moving around heaps as if she was unsettled, wanted out. Giving birth to something that size I think I would get pretty unsettled, lol. Thanks for all your help alex.

Debbie

Congrats on two shingles, that's excellent. 3 is not that uncommon, it does happen it is just that 2 is the more common amount. I had a couple of shingles produce 3 for me on a couple of occasions, although she was a very big girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back