shinglebacks not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rep3jenny

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 6 month old male shingleback who has been eating well every 3 days. About a week and a half ago I got a 6 month old female shingleback. They are both in the same enclosure with plenty of hides however they are both stressed now and not eating. The new female has only eaten once and my male isn't eating now either. I have tried a huge range of foods to entice them to no avail. The male isn't attacking the female. I can't seperate them as I don't have another enclosure.Will they settle down in time and eat? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jenny.

the temps range from 25-31degrees celcius. No problems at all with these temps with my male shingleback eating prior to the new one coming.

when you say they are both stressed what signs are they showing.
what size tank are they in?

Well, you can say no problems, but that's too cold IMO. If your male was eating fine, then..ok, I guess. But chances are your female has come from somewhere where she was kept at a higher temperature. I assume you're using overhead heat and not a mat, right?

The female came from an outside pit with just natural heat and light from the environment.. Yes I am using an overhead ceramic heat lamp. The enclosure is 1400L x 500Wx 480H.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back