shinglebacks outside

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrett

Reaction score
Just wondering if i would be able to keep shinglebacks in my backyard. I live in ther sutherland Shire and was wondering if they might suffer respitory problems. Also, anybody know how much to expect to pay for some singlebacks?

i wouldn't. It is extremly likeyly that they will suffer respiratory problems unless you are able to create a very dry warm environment outside.

I know lots of people here in Wagga that keep shinglebacks in outside enclosures. I very much doubt that the conditions would differ much from Sydney. If anything it is colder here.
The prices can vary greatly but $150 seems to be the average now. There is a guy here in Wagga that is a well known breeder and he should have plenty for sale this season.

Ask Steve S about it greebs.
It's all because of humidity, Shinglebacks will always die if they are kept outside on the eastcoast.

keep em inside and offer em water for short periods twice a week or movr to the country

I think you can do it if you set up the enclosure properly eg. no grass, plants, soil or anything that created moisture, just have a simple set up with sand, rocks, stones etc and a water bowl. As long as there is no vegetation in the enclosure then the enclosure should not attract any moisture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back