shinglebacks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
haha this is a really strange question. but what do shinglebacks look like as babies? they are one of the few lizards id like to get sometime, so was just a bit curious as to how they look when they are born :lol:

does anyone here keep them?

yeah they look like a normal shingleback, just smaller, they are actually quite big a babies tho

huge babies compared to bluetongues! I used to have about 10 but now I'm down to 1 pair coz I'm moving out soon. For some absurdly stupid reason I took no pics when they bred a few years ago. :( but if they breed this year I'll post some pics.

hmm i heard they were big as babies

i think they are so cute, and want one

I'm SO with you here,Mandy. I yearn for a shingleback. They are adorable.

There's this thing called the Stendhal Syndrome, where people are overcome by emotion and burst into tears and get the shakes and stuff when faced with a beautiful vision, ie a beautiful work of art or sunset. I nearly experienced Stendhal Syndrome when I held my first shingleback!

HAHA
i've never held one :( not happy about that either.

i have a spare tank in the spare room too!.....hmmmmmmm

first a snake, now a shingleback?! noo stop it mandy

Spare tank??? Quickly... get one!!! then send me some pics :D

There Tops! pics of mine, she hasnt quite got the hang of typing yet. :)

5273.jpg

5274.jpg

instar said:
There Tops! pics of mine, she hasnt quite got the hang of typing yet. :)

5273.jpg

5274.jpg
awwwwww that is gorgeous!

nooo no more pics...its making me want one

reptililian said:
I'm SO with you here,Mandy. I yearn for a shingleback. They are adorable.

There's this thing called the Stendhal Syndrome, where people are overcome by emotion and burst into tears and get the shakes and stuff when faced with a beautiful vision, ie a beautiful work of art or sunset. I nearly experienced Stendhal Syndrome when I held my first shingleback!

Oh Lilly, there are so many things i could say right now. :lol:

wild one and my stumpies (a bit dirty!) :)
Check out the pics of the WA stumpy (another thread) its orange!!! :shock:

heres a pair of mine

brilliant lizards with great characters.

i think my female is pregnant at the moment, im waiting for her anyday now

Sorry to hijack the thread but..

How late in the season do they usually give birth? I think I'm waiting for one of mine to drop some too.

here's a pic of some w.a's best. The one on the right was in a pre-slough condition and after sloughing was back to its glorious red-self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back