shortnecks in a 5ft tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eden roscoe

Reaction score
hey im purchasing a standard 5ft tank and was wondering how many sub adult murray shortnecks could live in this comfortably cheers:)

hey im purchasing a standard 5ft tank and was wondering how many sub adult murray shortnecks could live in this comfortably cheers:)

Sub-adult Murrays, I'd say 1 would be comfortable in there for about 8 months considering their growth rate and size they reach.

I am so over the calls and emails from people here in QLD that don't want their Murray River turtle anymore because it has outgrown its aquarium in 18months. Murray River turtles from S.A should really be banned here in QLD.

A lot of people are being told that they don't grow very big by the pet shop employees they purchase them from.

Expansa1

I am so over the calls and emails from people here in QLD that don't want their Murray River turtle anymore because it has outgrown its aquarium in 18months
Same here, I have been given some overfed 18 month old Murrays that were living in a tank and measuring 25cm! Recently I was given some ex aquarium 3yo Murray's that were a more realistic 17cm....it must be a great feeling for the turtles once they are in the pond to be able to swim for 4 metres instead of 1.2 metres.
Allan
http://turtletownsydney.com/

I really like that you can not buy reptiles in pet shops in NSW. It stops impulse buying for animals that need quality of care that reptiles need.

It makes people, such as myself, do alot of research and planning before buying a reptile and being properly set up before purchasing one. It, hopefully, makes for healthier animals with 'smarter' owners who will kept them for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back