Should i be worried??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajandj

Reaction score
Yoda has been the dream pet. He has grown leaps and bounds and has been very social. Gets very excited when it's cricket feeding time.... until yesterday.

Yoda didn't have any crickets and basically no greens for the entire day. When l took him out of the enclosure for our nightly "get together", he just sat in my hands. Didn't try to go and explore as normal nothing..he is looking very dull so i think he's ready to shed.

Again today i have offered crickets 4-5 times and he's just not interested, he's also eat no greens which is very unusual because he's been a great eater right from day dot.
Anyway, all he is doing is sitting under his basking lights. I had them at 37 degrees so l've bumped it up to 40 just to see if he starts oving round more..

Any suggestions??

One day is nothing to be worried about. They will go off their food to varying degrees around the time they shed.

Think it might be the day for it, my EWD and my BD are both lethargic as anything today and my EWD usually dives at me for food everytime I walk in the room and my Darwin bit me for the first time ever, strange Melbourne weather maybe.

Maybe he feels a little off. Floyd my 8 year old beardie looked like he was going to die all sunk in not moving or eating and went very dark. The next afternoon hes up running around like nothing had happend. Dont know why but now back to his normal self. Hope Yoda is doing well

pooping is fine.. regular as clockwork... LMAO.. almost the same time everyday.
I'm still only using papertower so there is nothing to ingest.
dust crickets 5 times a week and twice a week with herptivite

l might try giving him a soak... doesn't like soakng most l normally get is about 5 minutes... don't know, might help

Think it might be the day for it, my EWD and my BD are both lethargic as anything today and my EWD usually dives at me for food everytime I walk in the room and my Darwin bit me for the first time ever, strange Melbourne weather maybe.
My EWD latched on to my finger this morning and tried to death roll my hand. Certainly not off her food!!

I have lots of beardies ajandj, more than any sane person should have. It's certainly not unusual to have some that don't feed everyday.

pooping is fine.. regular as clockwork... LMAO.. almost the same time everyday.
I'm still only using papertower so there is nothing to ingest.
dust crickets 5 times a week and twice a week with herptivite

l might try giving him a soak... doesn't like soakng most l normally get is about 5 minutes... don't know, might help

Everything looks in order.
He isn't thirsty? I used to use a small syringe to drop it on my ones nose and he'd open his mouth up for a few drops.

yer l know, it's like us humans.. we don't feel great all day everyday.. I guess it's just the mum coming out in me

is his UVB light still good as they say they only last around 6months then need to be replaced ...

don't worry, i panicked when my Yoda would only eat pinkies....he now is back on greens and crickets...it can be a growth thing. they eat like pigs during the spurt and then stop and rest for a while...Yoda took a good 8months to get back into his greens.

UV is good as far as l know. I've only had yoda for 2 months, and l bought it new then. It's not discoloured or anything.

l mist everyday. I bathed him tonight and there was no fighting to get out....

but l did notice earlier when l was preparing his greens, there is something on the endive.
I use endive as a staple. I buy it from safeway (l have some planted but not ready yet), anyway l normally wash it when l get it home, as i do with all fruit and veg, dry it off and then l wash it again as l use it from the fridge.
There were these little bugs there. If l had found these anywere else l would swear they were fleas.... dead but look exactly like fleas. They didn't wash off l had to scrape them off with my fingernail..
Maybe he has eaten a few of these and maybe he has an upset tummy

Plant some Nasturtium in the garden. I feed my skinks and dragons on the flowers and foliage during the warmer months, they go mad for it.

yer, l've got nusturtiums planted. Plenty of leaves but no flowers yet. I go to my mums every couple of days and raid her garden. I know she doesn't use sprays or anything on the garden or pot plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back