Show me the elderly.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Reaction score
I'm keen to see anything old and hear how they're doing. I want to see reptiles with walking canes, doily collections and moth ball scented tweed jackets. I'm really keen to see some old guys and girls of all types so please post away. Thanks.

Last edited:
id really like to see this as well, im sure some people have some really old snakes on here, unfortunately my oldest is only 7 so no point in me posting a photo...
also i am curious to know if different species of python have different life expectancy, or whether it is pretty uniform for all pythons...

Oldest I've got is 8 so she won't be going on either. C'mon. Someone must have some oldies.

I work with the elderly in a aged care facility,some of them have forked tongues but unfortunately i cannot post photo's of them.

My oldest snake is a Children's Python (sold to me as a pure Mac, clearly not a pure Mac, but back when buying my first snake I had no clue). I bought him as a hatchling, he came out of his egg in 1995. Ugly old boy, but I can't bring myself to part with him for sentimental reasons.

My oldest snake is a Children's Python (sold to me as a pure Mac, clearly not a pure Mac, but back when buying my first snake I had no clue). I bought him as a hatchling, he came out of his egg in 1995. Ugly old boy, but I can't bring myself to part with him for sentimental reasons.

wow thats pretty old!
dou you have any pics :)

1995. that's what I'm talking about. A snake who listens to nirvana and doesn't care about reality tv or One Direction. Can we see him?

1995. that's what I'm talking about. A snake who listens to nirvana and doesn't care about reality tv or One Direction. Can we see him?

My oldest has been in captivity for 8 years. Wild caught so no one knows how old it is. I'm guessing it's around 11 years old... So not very old really. Took this pic a few months ago.
South West Carpet Python.
View attachment 248232

Last edited by a moderator:
My oldest has been in captivity for 8 years. Wild caught so no one knows how old it is.

post pics pleaase :)
also i remember hearing about a 20 yr old coastal carpet anyone on here??

Well he's not mine but i got to hold this old man blue tongue last week. He was magnificent and so big, not sure the photo does him justice but he is definitally over 20years old (i think the guy said 21years old but i can't remember if he had had the blue tongue since birth or not)

Attachments

• DSC00621.jpg
    DSC00621.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 215
Well he's not mine but i got to hold this old man blue tongue last week. He was magnificent and so big, not sure the photo does him justice but he is definitally over 20years old (i think the guy said 21years old but i can't remember if he had had the blue tongue since birth or not)

wow thats awesome he's huge! !:)
hows his temperament? is he very active?

wow thats awesome he's huge! !:)
hows his temperament? is he very active?

I only got to hold him for a few minutes but he was very placid and laid back, but that could also be because he has been a demonstrator animal for a large portion of his life and probably gets held all the time but many different people so he's probably used to it.

I have few oldies an olive that was wild caught as a 10 footer in 92, a collett's that was bred in 1992, a blue tongue that was born in 1992, two inland tai's I got in 96 as adults.

The key is keep them a bit on the lean side... Not ridiculously overweight like 90% of captive herps are.

Cheers
scott

This bugger is a decade old...

I took this pic last year

7063266d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back