Show me your imbricata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxious

Reaction score
G'day people

I just got my second imbricata. He is 1 year old on the 30th of Jan. Lovely little fella great temprament.

Anyone who keeps imbricata feel free to add to this thread. Their is so much natural colour variation in them, would be good to get a look at a few others.

Here is my new guy. These pics don't do him justice one bit he has an awesome green hue all over him, very attractive with a yellowish head.

carpet2.jpg

carpet.jpg

My other angry fella. This guy has tamed down a little but still wont hesitate to lay a bite.

carpetsmall.jpg

imbricate1.jpg

for the same species of snake they look nothing alike!

the second one looks like he has not long shed?

2nd the beautiful call!

Of course they are different localities. But they are both Morelia spilota imbricata and look nothing alike. Was just noting how different animals from differing localities can look.

Theyre both awesome looking animals noxious. IF you don't mind me being nosey where did you get them and how much? I'm looking at getting a southwest down the track.

Got em from exotic tropical fish. I work there however so price is wholesale.

nice animals.
if they are anything like carpets in the east, which i imagine they would be, you will find that you will get a huge variety of colour and pattern morphs in the same locality, so they could easily be from the same area.

The bottom one was collected from the dawesville cut.

My new one (the one first pictured) was traded into the store by a couple. They couldnt tell me where it was from but just knew it was a "coastal" form. I know who bred him so I may get in contact with him to try find out his true locality. As I would love to one day produce offspring with these animals, and It would be great to know proper localities.

Heres my Imbricata hes called Yoda :) and is 9 months old captive bred with a lovely calm temperment , very easy to handle

Attachments

• snake11.jpg
    snake11.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 104
  • snake12.jpg
    snake12.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 152
To you guys that own imbricatas I would love to know what your setups consists of. dimensions of enclosures and what youre using for a heating setup etc. I will eventually build a new enclosure for a sw python. Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers

Imbricata???

Sorry people Onlynew to this. What is an imbricata? I had never heard of them before. All of the posts on the thread seem to be from WA so are they only avilable in WA or what? Not meaning to steal the thread, Just gain more and more knowledge.

Cheers

Beautiful snakes :) I wanted to get one but couldn't find any in NSW :/

Australis,

Thanks for the info. They are an absolutely stunning snake. Is there many of them getting around in the other states or not many??

Of course they are different localities. But they are both Morelia spilota imbricata and look nothing alike. Was just noting how different animals from differing localities can look.

The first one originates from a place near Geraldton. I have a couple that look like yours, the female in this pic has similar colouring but merging colour bands

Attachments

• IMG_0976.JPG
    IMG_0976.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 112
GorJESS looking snakes!! Wish I had some to share pics.. But not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back