Sick Bearded Dragon!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaide03

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I noticed today that my male western bearded dragon is very lethargic and just lies on the bottom of the enclosure with his eyes closed and not moving (and NO he is not dead). I did have a normal 60 watt globe that you use in your house for the heat lamp for a week or so as I ran out of the proper basking globes. I replaced it today with the correct heat globe and that was when I noticed my dragon sick. I have 2 others in the enclosure and they are doing great. Does any one have any advice? Thanks

Dehydration is a possibility, put him in the bath tub in luke warm water, may help

cheers

I was thinking maybe the enclosure was not hot enought and he has not digested his food properly as the enclosure was not as hot as it usually gets when I use the correct reptile globes.

it wouldnt be because of the globe trust me.

I use globes from coles, wollies and bunnings in all my enclosures, that wouldn't be an issue.

So just pump up the heat and see what happens then?

The globe that i was using from the supermarket did not heat the enclosure up to as hot as it normally gets with the reptile globe.

Ok the same happen to mine and I used two Calcium drops on it's back and it was back to normal in a day or two

It has been about 2 hours since putting in the reptile globe and the enclosure is nice and toasty now, so if it was just because of the heat when should I see an improvement with my lizard because there has been no change.

prickly pears, the sun, powder also from reptile supliers.
Where are you- what state?

He has seem to have lost quite a bit of weight as well. Should i encourage him to eat or just leave him be for a day or two and keep a close eye on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back