sick turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crush the turtle

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey i have a short neck turtle with a swallon pussy eye, i cant get pics atm,anyone got any ideas on hhow to treat or what it might be?cheers
mum wont take me to the vet ethier,, shes thinks its a waste of money for a turtle lol

Last edited:
is there anything in the tank that could have scratched him? is he housed alone? the health of a turtle is not a waste of money btw ....

the only thing to do atm is get it to a vet, also you need to know what caused it so you can fix the prob.

is there anything in the tank that could have scratched him? is he housed alone? the health of a turtle is not a waste of money btw ....

his with two eastern long neck turtles, but they stay away from him,, thiers a few rocks n things he could of scrathed himself on,,, he still feeds good

hey i have a short neck turtle with a swallon pussy eye, i cant get pics atm,anyone got any ideas on hhow to treat or what it might be?cheers
mum wont take me to the vet ethier,, shes thinks its a waste of money for a turtle lol
bathing its eye with salt water may help but get it to a herp vet asap

Tell your mum it needs a vet check, or when she's in the nursing home you find for her in her old age, she might not need a lift to the doctors one day as it's just an old woman. :p

A native freshwater turtle is no less important than a dog or cat, in fact in my book just as important.
Try bathing the eye in saline solution, available from a chemist, and if you have a friendly local chemist talk to them about the possibility of selling you an anti-biotic eye ointment like chloropt or optigentin-S, and explain that it is for your turtle which is a much loved family pet, and that you cannot afford to take it to the vet. Now I do not recommend not seeing a vet which I also feel is necessary and important, but if your mum refuses to 'take a mere turtle' then this will be the next best thing.

Cheers,

Expansa1

I have also read that (in ELN's anyway) swallon eyes can be caused by poor water quality. As for the puss I dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back