Silkback Central Bearded Dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing dragons, the both of them! :D Hope the little guy picks up... I wonder what his colour will be like later

alright I will be the first to say it "scaleless reptiles are ugly"
they are interesting yes but not something I would own, but if you like it, go for it :)
although I don't like them I think they could be the gateway to some other morphs which I might like :)
Congrats any way and all the best to this little guy :)

WOW that's awesome congrats mate hope it pulls through you will have to put up some pics when he is up and about!!!
Lets hope it turns out like this guy (a pic i found on the net)!
opens up a world of possibilities for morphs in Australia you must be stoked!

Attachments

• silk66.jpg
    silk66.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
that is rather special fingers crossed for the lil dude. looks like all other bubs when they hatch. knackered

oh wow!
I really hope it pulls through, but doesnt look healthy,. I actually thought it was dead in the pic,. really hope s/he pulls through,. very spesh!
& wow,. that male is stunning! who bred him?
Id love to see pics of the mother,. if she is as nice as he is I would love to get a male from you down the track.
Have you bred from this pairing before?

Would misting or putting droplets of supplemented fluids like Gatoraide (electrolytes/salts etc) help? Sorry if that sounds stupid im not a dragon keeper.

oh wow!
I really hope it pulls through, but doesnt look healthy,. I actually thought it was dead in the pic,. really hope s/he pulls through,. very spesh!
& wow,. that male is stunning! who bred him?
Id love to see pics of the mother,. if she is as nice as he is I would love to get a male from you down the track.
Have you bred from this pairing before?

I agree he doesnt look healthy, but is just weak like most hatchies. This is the first time I have bred with this pairing and they are really stunning beardies. I have also bred the father with a really nice highly patterned pastel female and the hatchling's are remarkable, they are highly patterned and starting to show colour already at two weeks. Fingers crossed, the little guy may make it yet, he made it through the night.

I hope the little guy gets stronger .... i thought he was dead in the photos whats the rest of the clutch doing ???

I hope the little guy gets stronger .... i thought he was dead in the photos whats the rest of the clutch doing ???
He made it through the night... so all good. The rest of the clutch are going great, no issues at all. I think due to the time it took for him to fully emerge, he is obviously going to be weak.

Nothing different with the rest of the clutch at all ?

Very interesting little guy congrats. According to this silkback is the super form of leatherback so, like D3 said, it's possibly a new recessive morph if there are no leatherbacks in the clutch

Last edited:
sorry, i must have been thinking about a leatherback that i have seen.
going to google the difference now.
i hope he pulls through, really is amazing :)

Usually the silback is the result of breeding two co-dominant leatherbacks

For anyone interested in the progress of foreign silkback/leatjherback projects; check out this site... there are some cool galleries and a little bit of info about the leatherback/silkback morph... funny how we are way behind the hobby in Australia compared to the USA and Europe.

THIS SITE HAS A FEW PICS AND INFO

Really hope this guy pulls through ! I don't think I'm the only excited beardie lover keen to see him power on !

Last edited:
Good to hear he has made it through the night :)
Does he look any more alert or active this morning?
Has the rest of the clutch emerged yet?
He is really something special,. please keep us updated on his progress.

Any idea how much you will be selling the bubs for? pm me if preferred.
Depending on the females colour Id be interested in a bub or 2 from that stunning male!!

He is marginally more alert this morning, I have drip fed him.. so fingers crossed. I have 5 other siblings out and 6 to go.

Would misting or putting droplets of supplemented fluids like Gatoraide (electrolytes/salts etc) help? Sorry if that sounds stupid im not a dragon keeper.

I have not seen it being used with Beardies but definitely worth looking into,.

I have not seen it being used with Beardies but definitely worth looking into,.
I use Lucozade administered with an eye dropper and yes it does work (it seems to help), hard to get a weak animal to take the drops though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back