Silkworms

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belinda

Reaction score
Are silkworms ok to feed to Beardies?

feed the silkworms mulbry berry tree leaves if ya want em to live for ages

Ok thanks....Do they breed easily?

Where can you get them? thinkin of trying the turts with some. bit of variety.

Depends where you are located...I got some today at Kellyville pets....But someone said that their season is out :?:

cool, im real close to you Bell, kellyville pets "just up the windsor road from baulkham hills" etc
aka tony packard! lol

Kool! A local :D he he he....Where abouts are you?

" Just DOWN the windsor road from baulkham hills"! lol...........northmead :D

Silkworms are still available Just ask the guys at Kelly ville pet store. They are easy to breed
Just keep feeding the leaves and they will mature and cocoon as soon as you got cocoons put them into a cardboard box lets say 30 by 30 cm(escape proof) as soon as the moths hatch they will mate and lay eggs the eggs will be laid on the cardboard. After a few days open the box and cut out the egg clutches and put them into a fridge for 3 months and then take them out and hatch them. And then start all over again

Yes it is. 3 months is time, not effort, hence easy not quick.

True....I tried my beardie on one today...Gobbled it up easy...First thing he has eaten in about 2 months....I think Ill just buy them....That or install a mulberry bush in my backyard :D

Does anyone know if Kellyville pets ships silkworms upto Newcastle, or better yet if theres anyone that sells them up here? I saw some a few months back up on the Gold Coast (to tell you the truth Id thought theyd gone extinct for some reason.lol) and they looked like they might be good as a treat for my juvi Eastern Water Dragons and im always interested in setting up more insect breeding colonies for the future .

Cheers, Jay

Kellyville doesnt ship. ASk your local Herp Society, someone is bound to know where to get them from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back