Site Changes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I like all the changes to the site that have been made. Its good to start at the last page rather than having to get into a thread then clicking the last page, so much easier 8) I'm also glad I don't have to worry about the topics at the side running away from me anymore :lol: they always used to beat me to the top and disappear *sigh* lifes so much easier now thanks for the changes :p

i personally dont like opening a post and having it open at the end, lots of other sites do that and it turns me off going there

Re: RE: Site Changes

OuZo said:
i personally dont like opening a post and having it open at the end

I agree. Bugs the crap outta me.

Absolutely agree with you guys, it's like hearing the punch line of a joke before the joke.

Why can't page numbers be put on the topic on the home page? That would be much more logical.

Haven't been on for a while (actually busy at work!!) and come back to new layout!! :shock:

Must be honest not really a fan of the changes.

Won't stop me posting or anything though... :oops: Still love the site :D

MMM... don't we have the choice any more??

Don't you just click on the orange square to go to the end and the title of the post to take you to the beginning?

I like the separate scrolling lists for chit chat and the serious stuff. This really separates the wheat from the chaff!

Why can't page numbers be put on the topic on the home page?
Actually that would probably be best, imo.

ye it's annoying to start from the end, especially if someone hijacks the post and then you don't really know whats going on until you go to the beginning anyway or the person that originally sent the post misses out.

I like the new changes, all except the going automatically to the last post. Page numbers on the topic page would be good, I actually started a thread the other day about this and until then didn't realise you could click on the page thingy to go directly to the last post (computer blonde!) It is annoying if you are following a post to have to load the first page first and then click to get to the last page (or vise versa) so a page choice would be great, but thanks for the changes!! :wink:

RE: Re: RE: Site Changes

is the site slower than normal, not really a lot of ppl on either ? pages are taking so long to load here

Re: RE: Re: RE: Site Changes

snakeeyes said:
is the site slower than normal, not really a lot of ppl on either ? pages are taking so long to load here
ditto :?

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Site Changes

its very slow and the starting at the end of each page is so annoying. we should have a poll for the for and against the new changes

I don't like going to the end first either, but the seperate scroll thingies is good.

I'm with most of you guys, not too impressed about it opening to the last post first... and yes, the site seems to have become so sloooowwww in the last few days. On a positive note, love the 2 scrollies :) It's good that the mods have been listening to suggestions about how to improve the site, thanks guys :)

jordo said:
Why can't page numbers be put on the topic on the home page?
Actually that would probably be best, imo.

i like this idea

as when the post gets long i usually end up going to the last page anyway

but when its the first time ive seen it i do like to read the first page

not too sure about it not scrolling any more as it looks like something is missing or something is wrong

but im guessing this would also help with the speed as it isnt having to load up as much at a time (not sure really)

forgot to add

any chance with the bit at the bottom of the posts on left hand side
chit chat section and herp discussion

the link that says [access forum]
an idea ive got is that when you click on the "access forum" link on the chit chat bit it goes to the chit chat page instead of then having to choose chit chat
same with discussion forum section

if you dont understand i could explain bettera

the pages were actually loading quicker with the scrolling thing on the side, now its taking sometimes 2 mins to load a page and i have 1500/256 speed

me too i have a 1.5meg connection

except i am now instead of opening a post and then going to the next post im opening my posts in differnt tabs as it works out to be quicker

well for me anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back