Site Changes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Site Changes

theres an old saying.if its not broken,DONT TRY AND FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I am having to tab browse now too, waiting a loong time for loading, not blaming you guys tho!

I know how hard and costly it can get maintaining a popular website!!!

This is definately the sloooowest i've seen this site. Is there a problem or is it because of the site changes??

I'm definitely noticing slowdown. I'm on ADSL2 so it's not my connection. Sometimes innocuous looking edits (such as changing sidebars or bringing in information from other parts of the site) can cause massive performance issues. Looks like admins are still tweaking though, so good luck guys.

definately the slowest site i've been on in a while. It's a shame, it's my fave too.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Site Changes

slatey JR mate unfortunately I think this change has had a negative effect. I like everyone else here likes to click on a thread and see what it is they are saying or asking... It allows you to have the choice if you continue to read on or not. This idea of going to the end is ineffective and , well....needlesly time consuming. You know I love this site and stick up for it against negative comments but this time I am in full agreeance.. Much better to start at the start and then move on. It is like a Quentin Terantino movie...

As much as i love this site, must say i don't like any of the changes and yes, sooooooooooooooooo slow!!!. Still love it though! 8)

im having cat naps in between looking at posts :p

I can't believe how slow this site is at the moment, can anyone explain why this site is the only one that ever gets so slow ? It's like having a very slow dial up connection, I have been giving up waiting and just closing the site. There has to be a reason.

Give em time, they will work it out :)

Sometimes these things happen, we should support the site and be patient :)

i have broadband and all of a sudden it takes neally 5 minutes to open one page, i dont know if it's the new changes but it is really bugging the hell out of me !

It;s happening to me too! it takes forever to open anything at all on this site only.:(

I think its happening to everybody. Im getting out of here; to frustrating tonight. :x Ill try and see if ARK is any better ,if not im going to bed bed .

Hmmm...Why fix something that is not broken? I like the site the way it used to be. I guess the mods seen it fit to. Shame it has slowed down the server.

Oh sorry Phil I didn't mean to sound as though i was blaming the mods, just thought they had a lot of input in the decisions around here :oops:

oh so true.. Thanks for clearing that up Afro. Still only getting used to this site and how things are done as it takes me ages to do anything on here, the antiquated dial up probably doesnt help. :lol:

:shock: First ban?? Gee it must be getting tough if old mods are getting banned. Perhaps it is safer for me to be quiet lol, for lately I'm forever getting myself in trouble....In life that is.

Shame really, the best mods are the ones who try to sort out a situation without conflict... Anyway enough said, without meaning to hijack the thread. Goodnight Afro, goodnight all, and happy herping!

Just pretend you are Japanese and read from back to front LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back