Site speed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very slow over here with bigpond ADSL broardband all other sites quiet fast .

sometimes....... it's like precious moments of your life dragging by... that you will never get back.

I've mentioned this before... but obviously results will vary as the server is now on a new network. The old server was not coping with the load, so we've upgraded to a server which can handle our capacity perfectly. The trade off was the server had to be moved off-shore.

This means that now, the site should be equally as fast no matter what time of day it is (previously, it would get clogged up during peak times). However, it may be a bit slower than you are used to if you visit the site during off-peak times.

Also, it depends a lot on the connection of your ISP. As you can see there are obviously mixed reports on the speeds... personally I know that the site is slower from work, a tad slower form home and the same (if not faster) from uni.

My computer is brand new and my ADSL connection is lightning fast on every other web site in the world.
It took me 8 minutes to get in to APS and get to this forum to post this thread.
On the same computer before the server change it would have taken 30 seconds tops.
Ever since the server change the speed to access APS has dropped massively.
So much that i just can't use it anymore because of the speed decline.
I'm very upset as i do love my APS.
Is there anything i can do?

Anyone who is having bad performance issues, please send a traceroute to [email protected].

To do this, go to command prompt and type "tracert www.aussiepythons.com" then copy the results.

My net is quick with everything but APS. Takes ages to load a page.

I have the same issue as most others...My internet is fast with any other website, except this one as of the server change...I timed both the pages in this thread, 1-2 took 45 seconds and from 2-3 took 1min and 13 seconds...Its really starting to annoy me a bit now...Ive started clicking a link then going away for 5 minutes rather than sitting and waiting...

Regards...
Ash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back