Site speed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fester

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else finding APS slow most times and VERY slow other times? I am trying to narrow it down if it is my computer/Internet or just APS itself. It is certainly a lot slower for me since the move to the new server.

yes. since the move to new server it has been painfully slow most of the time. No changes were made at my end and I posted regarding the matter on the site related forum, didn't help though.

Seems fine to me, occasionally when loading a pic it slows down, but thats about it.

Fine over here, sometimes take a little to load some stuff, but that happend before the move too

Its fine for me- faster even! However, chat seems more of a pain than it used to be. Well, for me it does!

It's been really slow for me, it took me 10 minutes to post on a thread and I hadn't even posted for the day, I think that it might have to do with my internet as well as we've gone over our download limit. So our broadband has slowed down to dialup or slower lol.

I just waited 12 seconds to open up this second page. Headers of page are up at first but no text below.....wait.......then text pops up.
Definelty a lot slower for me in the last month. Sometimes its up to 20 secs for a page with photos to come up.

Ive got good fast connection too...no problems with other sites.

not as if its busy at 1:57am..........

Sounds like some isp's are having issues maybe?
I'm with bigpond (ADSL) and it's as fast as any site I've ever used, faster than most.

I've noticed a vast improvement since the shift to a new server. Still not lightning fast, but a welcome improvement - and I've also noticed I don't get logged off every 10 minutes anymore :)

Sounds like some isp's are having issues maybe?
I'm with bigpond (ADSL) and it's as fast as any site I've ever used, faster than most.

Hmm, Bigpond here too, although cable. I thought it may be that my PC uses Kaspersky Internet Security. I tried on the other computers in the house, one has Nortons, one has Zone Alarm & Avast but they are all just as responsive with APS. What server is APS using now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back