Skunks, err, I mean Skinks :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

africancichlidau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Has anyone here bred common grass or brick skinks? If so I would appreciate any info you could give me :)
Thanks guys and gals

Y would u wish to know this? u thinking of creating a collony? funny thought is i actually was thinking of that the other day.

I have incubated hundreds of regular "garden" skinks. Find their eggs under rocks. Incubated them under my bed...

That's about it.

I have bred L.guichenotti and L.delicata. As far as I know I'm the only person who legally holds them in Victoria, although I think there are some in NSW (yes, there may be heaps in Vic that I don't know about).
I don't know what info you want, they're lizards, they eat stuff, they lay eggs, the eggs hatch.

what do u feed them? being so small do they need any special food?
cheers
pete

roaches (woodies), that's about it. They also love little crickets, I think I recall giving them mealworms once or twice and I'm sure they'd eat just about anything small enough. Food is dusted with calcium and multivitamin powder. They remind me of tiny goannas when they feed, strangely enough.

By the way, no UV, natural or otherwise for at least three generations (probably more) and going as strong as ever, captives without UV seem much better (bigger, healthier) than wild individuals.

I bred em by mistake once they were in a fish tank on a billiard table outside away from direct sun,eating the odd termite and flying ant so im with the, easy to breed and look after group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back