sleeping on the ground

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilia

Reaction score
G'day, One of my juvie angle heads sleeps on the ground everyday whilst the other sleeps at the highest peak. Is this a problem for an arboreal lizard. A sign/symptom of dominance or disease?.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Reptilia.

My beardies do similar. The larger male is on the top spot with the smaller male and female either lower or on the ground. The female sometimes sleeps hidden under newspaper.

Its dam annoying!. In the morning he's always covered in moist coconut fibre/peat moss. A very unusual angle head. He's colour is also very different to most of my others. He's pure white. Thats how he got his name salt. The other's brown (pepper) :p.

Reptilia said:
G'day, One of my juvie angle heads sleeps on the ground everyday whilst the other sleeps at the highest peak. Is this a problem for an arboreal lizard. A sign/symptom of dominance or disease?.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Reptilia.

He might suffer with vertigo( the one sleeping on the ground)

Hard to imagine he is aware of his colour, however, in the morning, as he is covered by peat moss he would blend better in his surroundings and be far less obvious. Perhaps it is a camouflage thing, as by being white, he would be pretty easy to see on a branch.

Sounds weird though, that would take adaptation and that would take years. Are white angle heads normal/fairly common?

Sounds like he is getting ready to shed lack of coloration etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back