Small Elapids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Devis are fantastic snakes to keep for those who want something a little different, as for the whips, I prefer the bluer variation.[/QUOTE

ok im not a big whips lover but that is NICE :shock:

Indeed Jason that snake has amazing colours, the whip i have has a slight blue colouration will see if i can get a few shots of it.

Would love to see some of your pictures.

NIce snakes, im sure they will be much more interesting to keep than pythons. Does anyone have any red marsh snakes?

The Devis are fantastic snakes to keep for those who want something a little different, as for the whips, I prefer the bluer variation.

Unfortunately with the market it's a bit like take what you can get. So far the best looking whip i've seen was a quaesitor but i don't think i'll be getting my hands on any of them in the near future.

I agree, but with the growing interest in class one elapids i can see them been more widely available in the near future this will be a good thing to the population of these reptiles but then the uncommon nature of these elapids in captivity will go out the door and will end up been as common as coastal carpets.

Here's a few more of the marshie to show it's size at 5months of age, also i think it shows it's beautiful colours of as well

Attachments

• marsh1.jpg
    marsh1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 93
  • marsh2.jpg
    marsh2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 117
Here is another of the whip snake, she is amazingly calm has no drama's been out and the like of course i still have my doubt's about her as you would with any elapid

Attachments

• whip1.jpg
    whip1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 105
  • whip2.jpg
    whip2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 116
Not sure mate, i got it of the gecko keeper himself (ive been told hes working hard on the gecko's)

Thanks mate, lucky for me a a friend helped out in the rack department have a couple of good racks that i can use towards keeping elapids in.

A few more that i took a few day's ago (feeding time) trying to get some of the whip's blueish colour

Attachments

• dfg.jpg
    dfg.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 62
  • marsh.jpg
    marsh.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 60
  • colour.jpg
    colour.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 59
Another of my female whip, i played around with the image the rendered image with the plain white/black background wasn't so great

Attachments

• whipsnake2.jpg
    whipsnake2.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 53
Wanted to show a few people the blue underbelly of the whip snake, i find it pretty cool

Attachments

• whipunder2.jpg
    whipunder2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 50
  • whipunder.jpg
    whipunder.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back