smile of carrot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't assume you are naive or ignorant, I assume you copy other people without learning for yourself :)
Endive is commonly known as whitlof in Australia, Alfalfa leaves are known as lucerne, arugula as Rocket and I've never seen Spaghetti squash for sale in Australian shops.
oh snap :lol:

Carrot is fine to give to beardies, small cubes are the way to go imo, can be chewed and usually are, but if swallowed they aren't too large.
The slice wasn't too thick for that beardy to chew so don't worry people, I doubt it will die or get impaction from it ;)
Keep in mind these lizards have teeth which enable them to crush up large chitinous beetles and other inverts.
By the way nice pic :) :lol:

I don't assume you are naive or ignorant, I assume you copy other people without learning for yourself :)
Endive is commonly known as whitlof in Australia, Alfalfa leaves are known as lucerne, arugula as Rocket and I've never seen Spaghetti squash for sale in Australian shops.

i have, like any other keeper made mistakes. and im smart enough to learn from others mistakes as well. i'd rather have a healthy happy beardie, than a dead or dying. i feel if i can save my dragons from a mistake or potential danger, i will.

'Whitlof' Also known as chicory, witlof comes in two varieities. Original witlof has a white base and buttery, yellow edged leaves. Red witlof is a cross breed between white witlof and raddichio. Whitlof is NOT endive. Endive belongs to the same genus as chicory, radicchio and whitlof, and also belongs to the 'daisy family.' they are different species, and contain different nutritional balances. endive is an excelent staple. their are three types of 'endive' being curly, frisée and escalrole. Radicchio is also a good green to use, as it aids blood circulation. or so my elderly italian grandmother tells me.

alfalfa is known as lucerne, but common 'lucerne' is dried for storage and commonly dusty and used in conjunction with horse feed. if you went to a fruit/veg shop and asked for lucerne, they would correct you with 'alfalfa.'

Arugula is 'Rocket' also known as 'italian cress'

and spagetti squash is available as seed, try ebay, i am growing these myself. you can also buy 'yellow squash' the small yellow variety at most supermarkets and fruit stores this is adequet

P.s. i worked in a fruit shop ;)

reptilegirl_jordan im sorry if i offended you or came off as rude, im sure you love your dragon, and he makes you happy. i was suprised myself that he even fit it in his mouth.. good to see you will try smaller slices. any thoughts on green beans.. or snow pea's?

Im feeding my bubs carrots,brocilli and snow peas. Mind you they are only 13cm so i really cut it up and make it small so if they have to chew its minor. The piece for the beardie was a bit big but i dont see it having any problems and i think there are enough flaming comments on peoples opinion that jordan understands. Try not to flame each other in a thread you either make no sense or go off topic. Good luck with your beardies jordan and good advice kirby comment on my threads anytime :D

Im feeding my bubs carrots,brocilli and snow peas. Mind you they are only 13cm so i really cut it up and make it small so if they have to chew its minor. The piece for the beardie was a bit big but i dont see it having any problems and i think there are enough flaming comments on peoples opinion that jordan understands. Try not to flame each other in a thread you either make no sense or go off topic. Good luck with your beardies jordan and good advice kirby comment on my threads anytime :D

thanks, brocolli binds to calcium, and will slow your beardies absorbtion, which isnt too good for a growing beardie. try get some endive etc. they need some greens in their salad. :)

sorry its gotten off topic. :)

yeh kirby ill try the beans and other stuff u have gave adivce on,thanks,im always open to learning new things
i look after him pretty good,his a fat thing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back