Smooth Knob-tailed geckos?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptileCove

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i was reading some care sheets on knob-tailed geckos and it says that they do not reccomend handling these types of gecko as it stresses them out alot.?
Is this true?
Thanks,

harrison..

Geckos, in general, are not a reptile that can be handled as such.

We will pick ours up very occasionally to check them over, or more rarely, to show someone, but thats about it.

Yes they do not handle very well, not like beardies. If you want a reptile you can handle everyday these are not the type IMO

aussie geckos don't like to be handled. Other species can be trained and tamed so to speak but at the end of the day they are not meant to be.

i handle my thick tailed girl all the time she seems to like the attention and shes loves to have a look around i guess it just depends how they are raised :)

I have quite a few Levis levis and all mine are handled every day. Mine eat crickets from tongs and seem very amenable to handling. From the time mine come from the egg i spend alot of time with them, to the point where they do not stress as they are familiar with me. I have a young one currently who runs to the front of the tub when he sees the shiny metal tongs in my hand!

In short, if they are adults you have acquired then taming them to the point where they put up with handling will take time. If you purchase them young, you can get them used to handling tot he point they will eat from your fingers.

Thanks for the advice. i will be researching the knob-tailed geckos for a while so i can save up and buy all thing things i need to buy and know all the things i need to know. thanks again.

Harrison..

I believe all reptile species were not meant to be handled, BUT, with good husbandry skills and patience I believe reptiles can become tolerate of handling ;) Some will just never take to it, others will like the occasional out of cage experience!

Thanks guys, now i have the hard job of trying to find people in or near Gold Coast selling them :(
haha

Yeah...good luck with that :lol:

Although, next year, that could be us ;)

We had to get our first gex from SA and NSW

Hey bro , we have a knobbie that does not mind being handled , I even hand feed him . So I guess with a little patients and time you can train then somewhat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back