Snake behaviour towards man!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things mentioned above, exploring, checking things out as opposed to finding a small hid at the cool end and crawling in there for a week. Not an exact science but you can generally gauge if your snake is stressed or not
Not sure this would constitute "happy" as such but I think I know what you mean.

Last edited:
well im the only one who handles mine and i wear the same perfume everyday so i think he knows me. I baby talk to him and he gives me kisses lol but im fully aware he could bite me any random time he chooses lol. I dont think they really care about us as long as they r fed - thats all mine cares about. The thing i love most about snakes is they are so not demanding like other pets can be lol they would happily stay in their enclosures and not be baby talked to or handled BUT getting mine out 4 cuddles makes me happy :D so i do it anyway. As for it making him happy lol i would like to think so but honestly ive pretty much come to the conclusion that he couldnt give a rats! infact i swear as i unlock his enclosure he thinks 'Ohhh no here she gos again' :lol:

Emotions, perhaps not. But I do think that they recognize (smell) their handler. When someone else wants to hold my girl, she wriggles around, tongue out, and locates me then stretches out to me. I've also noticed that when I open her enclosure, I leave my hand outside, she will come out and come straight to my hand.

Emotions, perhaps not. But I do think that they recognize (smell) their handler. When someone else wants to hold my girl, she wriggles around, tongue out, and locates me then stretches out to me. I've also noticed that when I open her enclosure, I leave my hand outside, she will come out and come straight to my hand.

So that covers recognition which would be a natural instinct?
But if she wants to come to you?
Their natural instinct is flight so could it be that she likes you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back