Snake bite on dog?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

888lowndes888

Reaction score
The girlfriends parents dog has two clean puncture marks around 15mm apart that definetly resemble a snakebite, however he has shown no signs of illness. I live towards the Southern Highlands in NSW so it is pretty damn cold down this way at the moment and doubt any reptiles would be active as we are starting to drop below 15 degrees at the highest point some days. There is around 9 show dogs on the property and its an open paddock so to me this also eliminates the chance of waking one whilst in brumation as it's not a spot I would have thought suitable for brumation. He was bitten about 3 days ago and is now starting to lose hair in the area. I have very little to do with dogs and was wondering if you guys had any thoughts. If it is a snake I would think it would only be a copperhead or Whipsnake or the likes as he is not showing any signs of illness. He has been taken to the vet but they just told to monitor him. For any stupid stupid man viewers out there he was the star of the Black Dog episode amongst other tv appearences lol!
Cheers,
Adam

Attachments

• Image013.jpg
    Image013.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 95
could it be a spider?????? White tails cause breakdown of tissue, which could mean distortion of tissue to look larger, and also cause the hair loss??

from the pic it looks like its wounds from rubbing on something etc. are the puncture wounds for sure?

15mm I would think is too far apart for a spider. Vampire bat could definetly be a possiblity. They werent as large the day he got bitten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back