snake bite on news

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yommy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Bewtween the Central and Mid North Coast - NSW
Did anyone see the channel 7 news with the tour guide being bitten several times by a stephens banded snake while trying to move it from the road to safety.
I was an awesome looking snake and some good teeth from the shots of the bite marks on his fingers and it didn't lesson his enthusiasim at all. Interseting article

yeah I caught a brief glimpse of that and have been trying to find the story online unsuccessfully. Can anyone find a link of the article if it exists lol? Would be great to see some pics of the snake and its victim :)

Pugs & I heard a terrible story about a snake bite yesterday. he can tell it.....

Ok.. Went for a visit to Peterescues, he had a small Eastern Brown, maybe 30cm, if that, a cat brought it into a mans house in Penrith i think it was? and he put it in a jar after it bit him, he didnt think anything of it, turns up to hospital after feeling ill later on and he subsiquently died.. Couldn't believe that small of a snake could kill someone..

On a brighter note though..

Peter has some super elapids though, those death adders are just amazing, tigers were cool too.

And the really sad part is.... We have had 2 near misses in the news over the last few days (Shane Black is fine by the way) but nothing on this stroy that really highlights the importance of treating ALL snake bites eriously.

pythonrockchik1 said:
yeah I caught a brief glimpse of that and have been trying to find the story online unsuccessfully.

Ive been searching for it to and cant find it anywhere on the 7news website. :(

It was on after hewitt won his match. The thing was, though in extreme pain he show his tour group the first aid procedure first hand, drove the group back to the resort and then sort medical treatment. Just goes to show if you do the proper first aid it gives you extra time to get things squared away.
Saw some shephen bandeds in a friend collection at christmas they were awesome looking snakes but i don't think i'd like a bite from one.

hey yommy
this is one we found on the last herp trip
sb.jpg
[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back