Snake. Maybe?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hulands69

Reaction score
Hi. I am interested in determining the identity of a snake I came across a few days ago. I was at a outdoor restaurant in the Litchfield National Park, just south of Darwin. After completing the meal, what looked like a horse hair, or very thin length of wire dropped from the rafters on to the table. It was approx 125mm long but very thin in diameter. It reacted exactly how I would expect a snake to act. That is, it curled up and was very excited. It continued to twist into rings, coils etc. When poked with a beer coaster the snake poked it back. The colour was dark-brown to black with rings or stripes. Younger eyes than mine could distinguish a mouth. But I must re-emphasise, it was very thin like horse hair. There was a number of people at the restaurant, including locals who did not know what it was. Can anyone shed some light on this.
Brian

How many bottles of wine had been consumed at this stage?............. ;-) Not many animals in the NT are known for being small.
Baby Banded Tree snake maybe?

Pics would be good with them it would be hard to id.

The rings were a dark brown. They were very hard to distinguish.

Brown tree snake or night tiger. Pretty common snake around darwin, the only other thing that i can think of that has bands and is found in Darwin is the Bandy Bandy. But they are black and white.

If it was as thin as horse hair how could anyone see a mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back